gael clichy

Arsenal fans on forums writing a load of tosh such as "He had a good game last night but been average all season" It just shows how many of our games they must have watched this season the clowns.

Tricky Dickys Right Foot Shot said:
Can anyone shed done light onto why Arsenal let him go and for so cheap as well?

I heard from a few rags that he was shite at Arsenal? Have we just been able to bring out the best in him?
Not sure why but i think he was in the last year of his contract.

Clichy was always defensively world class for us but he was poor offensively. He looks better in that department this season.

I just happened across an Arsenal forum and a thread from 2010 titled "Drop Clichy". The player they describe is nothing like the one we have - they speak of constant calamity, mistake after mistake, a complete inability to cross the ball. Sounds to me that Wenger is not a good defensive coach and being in a strong defensive setup has brought the best out of Clichy for us and probably instilled a confidence in him that he was lacking before.

from a selfish City standpoint, it'd be nice if he doesn't go to the Euros, but he fully deserves it. Much better than Evra this season.

When Gael Clichy left us to join you lot. I said to my arsenal mates 'I bet Mancini turns him into a competent defender'. Low and behold he looks as if he is worthy of a starting place for the best team in the league. One thing about Clichy is that he will give 100% he will never stop running. Hence why Arsenal fans still respect him unlike Nasri.

At Arsenal Clichy lacked concentration and it cost us big time. For example the 4-4 v spurs (jenas goal). 2-2 v birmingham when we were playing for the title. And last season against Shakhtar. The mistakes were becoming ever more frequent.

When he joined you and I watched the community shield he had an 'Arsenal' moment when Nani scored his second and uniteds third and I thought same old Clichy. But he has come on leaps and bounds and credit has to go to Mancini for that. He must have drilled him pretty well. In the past few weeks Clichy looked unstoppable. For example in the 92nd minute he was the one busting a gut to assist Adam Johnson for the 6-1! If you win the title Clichy deserves it he gave his all for us. But fell short although he has a PL winners medal. Hes a model proffesional and wish him all the best.

I loved the moment when he came running from our half, picked up the loose ball and drilled a low shot from range that was unfortunately blocked.
We should use him like that more often, especially whenever our corners gets headed away..its similar to how that Scholes gets his goals..

an Oustanding season for the lad, really pleased for him. Mancini and staff seem to have got his head up again after it was down at Arsenal.

I will admit i was fully underwhelmed when we signed Clichy, i didnt quite get it or think he was better than Kolarov.

Having said that through the season he has been brilliant and won us all over to win April player of the month.

After seeing all the celebrating and winning the league and god damn the tear jerking video with him and Joe. He has totally won me over, great guy and great player. He can stay till he is old and useless in my eyes<br /><br />-- Tue May 15, 2012 8:26 pm --<br /><br />I will admit i was fully underwhelmed when we signed Clichy, i didnt quite get it or think he was better than Kolarov.

Having said that through the season he has been brilliant and won us all over to win April player of the month.

After seeing all the celebrating and winning the league and god damn the tear jerking video with him and Joe. He has totally won me over, great guy and great player. He can stay till he is old and useless in my eyes

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.