Gago and Madrid....

><((('> said:
This is embarrassing for manchester city football club.

Why ??? please explain your comment.

We are not the first and certainly wont be the last to try and pull off a transfer deal with only hours to go to the deadline. As someone else has already stated, if Real had not suddenly increased the fee required (because it was us may i add) this deal would have had a good chance of happening.
To me, this shows we are not being taken for mugs anymore.

Doesn't look good to be honest......

However I'm confident that having 'been through the experience' Mancini will sort it and ensure that it doesn't happen next time.

Remember that the Foreign clubs don't have to 'walk through the teacle' that is UK burocracy ....this will have been an eye opener for him

Our much reported vast wealth doesn't help us during the transfer window as clubs probably add a 25% City levy to the value of a player as soon as they see us coming. City won't want to pay this, so will walk away and look elsewhere. Meanwhile, time runs out as the window gets closer to ending.

Coupled with the ridiculous pursuit of Lescott last summer, it does make you think what on earth is going on behind the scenes. As far as I'm aware, big clubs tend to negotiate two deals concurrently for exactly a scenario like this where one deal falls down unexpectedly.

I'm not saying Gago is a world beater, or anything like that. I'm just curious as to why, if we were so desperate to sign another midfield player, we hadn't been prepared IN CASE the work permit was turned down on appeal...

BillyShears said:
Coupled with the ridiculous pursuit of Lescott last summer, it does make you think what on earth is going on behind the scenes. As far as I'm aware, big clubs tend to negotiate two deals concurrently for exactly a scenario like this where one deal falls down unexpectedly.

I'm not saying Gago is a world beater, or anything like that. I'm just curious as to why, if we were so desperate to sign another midfield player, we hadn't been prepared IN CASE the work permit was turned down on appeal...

i believe we just didnt want him!!

i8rags said:
how come we managed to buy robinho from the same club in less time. we did it once and we tried it again. cant knock a trier.

Why do people always think we signed Robi at the last minute? It was all over BBC and SSN from about 5pm leaving 6 hours to do the deal.

Immaculate Pasta said:
Getting bored of the criticism of Cook, he deserves it for opening his mouth but i don't think he deserves it for the business side of the club.

I haven't said a word about the guy... until now.

But I have to say, more and more I am coming the conclusion that he's incompetent. It's not just this incident. Far from it.

There's loads of things that just lead you to believe that he's just not up to it.

Take the Mancini introductory press conference for example. He didn't have any gravitas. Just not Chief Exec material at all. And that's only the style - the actual content of what he said and how he handled it was poor as well.

Then there's the numerous transfer cock ups. Again, you get the impression the guy is very amateurish and doesn't know what he's doing.

Even worse was his New York comments about us definitely going to be the biggest club, beating Man U year in year out (or whatever). Yes, he was perhaps misquoted. And perhaps misunderstood. But he's supposed to be (a) clever and (b) a master of marketing and communications. It was a stupid thing to have said and he should have known he would be misunderstood and misquoted. Very very naive.

For me the jury is out on the guy but if I was aske to make a snap decision, as it stands, I would say he's out of his depth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.