Gambling firms back live sports advertising ban

Don't regulate what they say, just prevent them from entering gambling/bookmaking as it's a clear conflict of interest.
They shouldn't be allowed near that market for the same reason accountants aren't supposed to own shares. It's essentially insider trading.

I'm not seeing where the conflict of interest is?

The sports matches thing is a good one though, I don't let our kids watch matches on sky or bt, I'll always put on NBCSN, TSN and the likes as I don't want that shit getting into their heads, last thing I need is a grown kid with a gambling addiction.
That's another one that gets me. The number of teenage kids with gambling problems. And again, I don't see how they can't basically sue for the whole lot back since it was illegal in the first place and it's as much the betting company's fault for not properly checking people's ages as it would be a shop that sold them booze.

That's another one that gets me. The number of teenage kids with gambling problems. And again, I don't see how they can't basically sue for the whole lot back since it was illegal in the first place and it's as much the betting company's fault for not properly checking people's ages as it would be a shop that sold them booze.
With an underage kid you could, however the amounts involved would be negligible due to their low access to cash. It's when they're grown the real damage starts and then you've to prove that (a) it began when they were underage and (b) the gambling industry knowingly targeted the underage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.