Game of Thrones 4

kinkladz-ade said:
Henkeman said:
kinkladz-ade said:
GRRM has said that he has told the TV screenwriters the rest of the story in case he dies (as he is quite old) or in case the TV series catches up.
Two more books are going to be released to complete the story. I would think there are either 3 or 4 TV series (if they split the next two books into two series each like they did with the current one) before the TV series catch up.

I vaguely remember reading that HBO had commissioned ten (10!!) series in total. It's not just the author who might not survive to the end...

I don't believe that's the case. GRRM on his blog stated that HBO have commissioned the next two series and he thought that was great as they only tend to commission one series in the future normally.

I knew I'd read it somewhere. It was the opposite, them saying they wouldnt stretch it out that long:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/game-of-thrones/news/a488633/game-of-thrones-execs-ten-seasons-would-be-too-long.html#~oEJRqRG2AUg50H" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/s151/g ... qRG2AUg50H</a>

Well I did say vaguely recalled!

Just watched this week's episode. It's a goodie.

ManCitizens. said:
bluemoon73 said:
Series 1 A game of thrones

Series 2 A clash of kings

Series 3 A storm of swords 1st half of book

Series 4 A storm of swords 2nd half + start of A feast for crows

Guessing the rest

Series 5 Rest of A feast for crows + Dance with dragons

Series 6 A dance with dragons + Winds of winter

Series 7 Winds of Winter + A dream of spring

Series 8 A dream of spring

Books 6+7 not yet wrote, Not sure if anyone has any better ideas of how they will do the 8 series planned.

Wasn't last weeks scene showing Dany and the farmer with the burnt bones from Book 5? I'm only 100 pages into book 5 but the TV series is already showing bits I haven't read yet (Asha finding Theon).

It shouldn't be any less than 10 series imo.

That was a goat though mate, wasn't the dance with dragons bit where it has eaten his son,i'm sure he returns and she thinks its another goat/sheep and it was his sons bones

Henkeman said:

Another few hours before I can watch it. I'll record it first so I don't have to watch the ads, but then I have to pick the lad up so I won't be able to start watching until half eleven.

I'm With Stupid said:
I believe that some of the stories are going at a different pace than in the books (I haven't read them yet). I saw an interview with GRRM who said that he's pretty comfortable with there being two different versions of the same story. I always laugh at people who moan that a particular character isn't as they imagined them in the book. Daenerys is 13 and Jon Snow is 14 ffs. But people are moaning that some bloke doesn't have the right hair.

I don't complain about things like that but i do about Mance Ryder, this is a guy who has so much charisma he managed to unite every wilding tribe including the canibals and giants etc, i wouldn't even go the shop for tv Mance.

stony said:
Henkeman said:

Another few hours before I can watch it. I'll record it first so I don't have to watch the ads, but then I have to pick the lad up so I won't be able to start watching until half eleven.

I watch it on Showbox just so I don't get it in the neck from the other half...and the other reason os that my mate who persuaded me to start watching it teased me all through the time I was catching up. So to wind him up by watching before him seems to me fair retaliation.

The scene with Oberyn and Tyrion was so powerful. I almost shed a tear when Oberyn said Tyrion was not a monster, just a baby with a tiny pink cock.

The Pope said:
** Awaits EPIIIIIIIIC.....

FIGHT !!!! Mountain v Oberyn

I've not read the books but someone please say it is!

Oh fucking hell yes! A stand out moment from the books, i hope they do it justice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.