Game of Thrones 4

stony said:
Henkeman said:
stony said:
Wasn't it just. Made me hate Cersei even more and realise just how emotionally fragile Tyrion is. Peter Dinklage is such a superb actor. The emotions on his face as Oberyn made his speech and declared he would be his champion was a masterclass in acting and utterly rivetting tv.
Oberyn has also rapidly gone up in my estimation.

Point of order - do we still need to put spoiler warnings for that episode in now it has been broadcast all over?

I don't think we've actually laid down any rules concerning spoilers, but some people won't have watched it yet.
It's probably something which needs clearing up.

I was thinking of mentioning this myself, I think once it is aired uk time - i download it so I dont know - but say it finishes 10pm on Monday night then it should be ok to talk about the episode. If people understand this and havent seen it they should stay away until they do, after all it IS the Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread.
Mods, Can something be added to the title to reflect this if everyone agrees??

My other thought is what if you havent read the book and THINK something might happen ? Should that go in as a spoiler ??? I suppose it could be used by trolls as an excuse for spoiling us though?

stony said:
Henkeman said:
stony said:
Wasn't it just. Made me hate Cersei even more and realise just how emotionally fragile Tyrion is. Peter Dinklage is such a superb actor. The emotions on his face as Oberyn made his speech and declared he would be his champion was a masterclass in acting and utterly rivetting tv.
Oberyn has also rapidly gone up in my estimation.

Point of order - do we still need to put spoiler warnings for that episode in now it has been broadcast all over?

I don't think we've actually laid down any rules concerning spoilers, but some people won't have watched it yet.

I wasn't sure whether I should put it in spoilers or not, so if you're not sure, it's always best to be safe.

Tyrion is my favourite character and much of that is down to how good Peter Dinklage is,

The Pope said:
stony said:
Henkeman said:

I was thinking of mentioning this myself, I think once it is aired uk time - i download it so I dont know - but say it finishes 10pm on Monday night then it should be ok to talk about the episode. If people understand this and havent seen it they should stay away until they do, after all it IS the Game of Thrones Season 4 Thread.

My other thought is what if you havent read the book and THINK something might happen ? Should that go in as a spoiler ??? I suppose it could be used by trolls as an excuse for spoiling us though?

Agree with that. I guess it's just about us lot showing common sense. If I come on here after Monday night I kind of expect to run the risk of seeing what happened if I didn't watch it. And this is a British site after all, and most of us on here are British.

As for the books, those who've read them and know what's coming, well it seems to me those are spoiler fodder.

I'm not sure we can have rules beyond what seems common sense. This seems to me common sense, if others don't agree say so?

The Pope said:
stony said:
Henkeman said:

I was torn on this one at first but I realise it's a pain to go through a thread with a load of spoilers to discuss something you've seen. We could change the title or we could just have a new thread for each episode. I think the latter is better then people can pick and choose. We could always merge them later on. What does everyone think?

Prestwich_Blue said:
The Pope said:
stony said:

I was torn on this one at first but I realise it's a pain to go through a thread with a load of spoilers to discuss something you've seen. We could change the title or we could just have a new thread for each episode. I think the latter is better then people can pick and choose. We could always merge them later on. What does everyone think?

I guess the same would apply to any series? Would it not be a pain for you to administer multiple threads for each individual series? There might end up being merging and separating all the time.

Personally I'm not fussed how it's done, as long as we can find it and know how it works.

Henkeman said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
The Pope said:

I guess the same would apply to any series? Would it not be a pain for you to administer multiple threads for each individual series? There might end up being merging and separating all the time.

Personally I'm not fussed how it's done, as long as we can find it and know how it works.
We don't necessarily have to do anything to the threads and at least people know where to look then. Try it and see and I'll ask Ric and the others what they think.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Henkeman said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

We don't necessarily have to do anything to the threads and at least people know where to look then. Try it and see and I'll ask Ric and the others what they think.

I think a no spoilers before it airs in the UK rule would work fine, there's various discussions in here not relating to the current series and I think you'd lose that if we went episode by episode. Yesterday was the first spoiler we've had not in the spoiler thingy for ages.

I'm with these 2 ^ for same reasons.
Plus there is only 3 episodes left of the season anyway

How about adding for example "episode 7 page 43 onwards *spoilers*" ??

As the guilty spoiler, (I'm still sorry btw) I assumed when the torrent is available for download, then the show has been aired. I realize now the UK get it a day later. I think it would be better, on the day of airing, that people who might not want to read a spoiler should not look at the thread until they've seen it. Seems pretty sound to me. It's only like not looking at the footy scores when you wanna wait to watch a recorded game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.