Game of Thrones Season 3

Timmmmahhhh said:
Rose Leslie is unbelievable.

What I don't get is why people would say "watch out for this episode, something big will happen" or give the names/potential names of the episodes?

It just ruins it for some people, some won't work it out but some will.

(and that isn't from a selfish point of view, I've read the books)

Personally I thought the first episode of season 3 was a bit shit, maybe it's cos it was the first one I have watch on Sky (the others were DVD or downloaded) and the fact it had perhaps 5 breaks ruined it for me.

It was, a lot more could have gone into it, the story didn't really move on, the only good bit imo was the Tyrion/Tywin scene, the rest was a bit meh.

without a dream said:
Hmmm not overly impressed by the opening episode, they've cut important things for the first time really. Though maybe we'll meet Belwas later on.

This, this and bloody this.

I love Strong Belwas he's one of my favourite characters, I will be gutted if they omit from the series.

It was a good little introduction to Qyburn though. When he said is name I instinctively gasped and my girlfriend "What? what?,Who's he?" I was like "Oh erm no one."

I think Davos (Another of my favourites) is coming across a wee bit more derranged than in the books as well.

The Blue Knight said:
without a dream said:
Hmmm not overly impressed by the opening episode, they've cut important things for the first time really. Though maybe we'll meet Belwas later on.

I love Strong Belwas he's one of my favourite characters, I will be gutted if they omit from the series.

I hope they choose that guy from Hawaii five 0 to play his role, he ticks all the boxes !

forgot the actor name... Taylor something!

edit: Taylor Wily

Akai said:
The Blue Knight said:
without a dream said:

I hope they choose that guy from Hawaii five 0 to play his role, he ticks all the boxes !

forgot the actor name... Taylor something!

edit: Taylor Wily

I'll be honest, I had to google him. It's a great shout, that's pretty much exactly how I imagined him.

pul-taylor-wily-58_.jpg

bit dissapointed with the first episode, seems like the story isn't really getting anywhere, bit like in series two with Daenerys basically walking across a desert the whole time. I feel like its still the beginning of the story.

Ive not read the books yet though, so does that happen.

The giants were cool though and hopefully the dragons will be in it more.

bluemoon73 said:
acquiesce said:
bluemoon73 said:
Anyone know which episode George Martin is writing this series?

The seventh episode, "The Bear and the Maiden Fair"

Cheers mate i know he wrote blackwater last season which has been nominated for some awards.

-- Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:13 pm --

without a dream said:

Yeah i mentioned no belwas earlier and also wtf was Jon snows wolf doing there, The Stannis/Davos scene was awful as well and nothing like the book, i did love Cersei and her nod towards the book readers when she said she had heard Tyrion had lost half his nose.

*possible partial spoilers*

Agreed. I mean my only thought on why Ghost was with Sam was possibly a) so we were more scared for John when he met Mance seeing as his protector was gone or b) they want to set it up as even more contrasting/impressive when Sam later becomes "Sam the Slayer". (At first I thought they were changing that, then I realized it wasn't time for that to happen yet).

Davos was way more plodding and obvious than in the books, but I guess they have to "get on with it" to a point.. but I liked how the book slowly built to it better.. with the creepy idea that Melisandre just "knows" shit.. (though her manipulating him into the clumsy attempted stabbing I guess is in that same vein). They also should show more of how she is slowly manipulating all of the other people around Stannis and not just him (though that could be on the way). Overall, I was upset with how it came out, because Stannis truly does love Davos and it shouldn't have been that cut and dry and bumbling and "boom" he's arrested.

The Tyrion stuff was great, it would've been too much of a pain in the ass to do makeup/CGI on Tyrion's nose forever. They mentioned it and moved on.

I was pleased to see wtf a "manticore" actually was, but as for the rest of that scene, I'm with you, we better get us some Strong Belwas soon.

One question, I've read all the books, but I had trouble recalling that moment of Rob running into Qyburn amongst all those bodies.. was that dead accurate with the books, or what was the change? I mean Qyburn was running around with the Brave Companions at that point in the story wasn't he? Or was that scene supposed to be Harrenhal? hmm

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
bit dissapointed with the first episode, seems like the story isn't really getting anywhere, bit like in series two with Daenerys basically walking across a desert the whole time. I feel like its still the beginning of the story.

Ive not read the books yet though, so does that happen.

The giants were cool though and hopefully the dragons will be in it more.

These next 2 series cover what are imo the most fast paced books so hopefully it's just a slow start to get everyone reacquainted with the characters.<br /><br />-- Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:30 pm --<br /><br />
green pennies said:
bluemoon73 said:
acquiesce said:

Cheers mate i know he wrote blackwater last season which has been nominated for some awards.

without a dream said:

Yeah i mentioned no belwas earlier and also wtf was Jon snows wolf doing there, The Stannis/Davos scene was awful as well and nothing like the book, i did love Cersei and her nod towards the book readers when she said she had heard Tyrion had lost half his nose.

One question, I've read all the books, but I had trouble recalling that moment of Rob running into Qyburn amongst all those bodies.. was that dead accurate with the books, or what was the change? I mean Qyburn was running around with the Brave Companions at that point in the story wasn't he? Or was that scene supposed to be Harrenhal? hmm

Don't think he ever met Robb in the books. Think that was just to whet the appetite of the people who've read the books.

green pennies said:
bluemoon73 said:
acquiesce said:

without a dream said:

Agreed. I mean my only thought on why Ghost was with Sam was possibly a) so we were more scared for John when he met Mance seeing as his protector was gone or b) they want to set it up as even more contrasting/impressive when Sam later becomes "Sam the Slayer". (At first I thought they were changing that, then I realized it wasn't time for that to happen yet).

Davos was way more plodding and obvious than in the books, but I guess they have to "get on with it" to a point.. but I liked how the book slowly built to it better.. with the creepy idea that Melisandre just "knows" shit.. (though her manipulating him into the clumsy attempted stabbing I guess is in that same vein). They also should show more of how she is slowly manipulating all of the other people around Stannis and not just him (though that could be on the way). Overall, I was upset with how it came out, because Stannis truly does love Davos and it shouldn't have been that cut and dry and bumbling and "boom" he's arrested.

The Tyrion stuff was great, it would've been too much of a pain in the ass to do makeup/CGI on Tyrion's nose forever. They mentioned it and moved on.

I was pleased to see wtf a "manticore" actually was, but as for the rest of that scene, I'm with you, we better get us some Strong Belwas soon.

Well Rob never went to Harrenhall he stayed in the Riverlands Qyburn was part of the brave companions, a story arc we wiont be seeing as they havnt even cast Hoat so lord knows how they are going to potray the lions famous moment [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFApyzhznH0[/youtube]

Dont watch if you dont like to look ahead

I enjoyed it last night and it confirmed that Emilia Clarke who plays Daenerys is fucking gorgeous. What I wasn't expecting was how fit Ygritte is in real life and she's a ginner!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.