Game of Thrones season 5

Everyone thinking that Stannis' actions have veered from the books...

Like other episodes this season, "The Dance of Dragons" contains original content not found in Martin's novels but is in this case notable for containing content that has notyet appeared in the novels: Executive Producers David Benioff and D.B. Weiss confirmed that George R.R. Martin told them that Shireen is going to be burned to death as a sacrifice in an unpublished future novel. Benioff said: "When George first told us about this, it was one of those moments where I remember looking at Dan, it was just, like, god it's so, so horrible, and it's so good in a story sense, because it all comes together."[4] Weiss says he believes the decision to kill Shireen in this way is, "entirely [narratively] justified," questioning why "we’re all highly selective about which characters deserve our empathy. Stannis has been burning people alive for seemingly trivial reasons since season 2."

She was obviously going that way eventually. I'm willing to bet it won't be Stannis' decision though. Producers in justifying their decision shocker.

Can somebody explain to me how the 'Sparrows' have become so powerful? They just came along from nowhere and seem to be running the show?
Cersei re-armed them. Their numbers swelled after religious people and innocents started getting attacked by bandits and other outlaws. Until now, there was an ancient law that the faith couldn't be armed. Now that they're armed, they've become dangerous. Knights won't attack them in the Great Sept for fear of desecrating a holy site.

I think some of the book readers are upset because they cant laud it over the TV watchers anymore, with constant, I know whats going to happen attitude.

Its hardly a new thing a TV or Film deviating from the original material, you'd think it had never happened before. Part of the show's success is that you dont know what is going to happen or what is going on a lot of the time.

This isnt going to have a happy ending, we have been warned, I'm not sure how some are going to cope when all the favourites are killed one way or another.

I think some of the book readers are upset because they cant laud it over the TV watchers anymore, with constant, I know whats going to happen attitude.

Its hardly a new thing a TV or Film deviating from the original material, you'd think it had never happened before. Part of the show's success is that you dont know what is going to happen or what is going on a lot of the time.

This isnt going to have a happy ending, we have been warned, I'm not sure how some are going to cope when all the favourites are killed one way or another.
Some are perhaps. I just get annoyed when they break continuity Some of the changed storylines are an improvement. Sansa's in particular. It's always been a show/book where no one is safe. We're pretty much caught up with the books so changes are completely inevitable anyway.

There's ways to get rid of people without completely turning upside down their character or aura though. Most of the big twists make sense or are in context even though you don't see them coming, recent ones haven't imo.

Some are perhaps. I just get annoyed when they break continuity Some of the changed storylines are an improvement. Sansa's in particular. It's always been a show/book where no one is safe. We're pretty much caught up with the books so changes are completely inevitable anyway.

There's ways to get rid of people without completely turning upside down their character or aura though. Most of the big twists make sense or are in context even though you don't see them coming, recent ones haven't imo.

I was careful to say some, I have a friend who is always doing it, he also goes on about Stannis and how I'll see how good he is blah blah blah, he has been burning people, cheating on his misses and neglecting his daughter all the way through the show. Ep 9 was another step but he's hardly been anything other than a dour miserable **** all the way through the show.

I was careful to say some, I have a friend who is always doing it, he also goes on about Stannis and how I'll see how good he is blah blah blah, he has been burning people, cheating on his misses and neglecting his daughter all the way through the show. Ep 9 was another step but he's hardly been anything other than a dour miserable **** all the way through the show.
Fair enough, I can see how that would grate. I would agree that he's a miserable **** but he was generally harsh but 'fair', consistent and following some kind of code. His biggest plus is knowing when to use less and fewer.

There is no context to anything Stannis does, maybe it will happen in Winds of Winter but Stannis isn't even there, load of complete bollocks that scene, the show runners can go fuck themselves.

There is no context to anything Stannis does, maybe it will happen in Winds of Winter but Stannis isn't even there, load of complete bollocks that scene, the show runners can go fuck themselves.
As has been mentioned, Shireen may burn in the books, but there is no way Stannis will be complicit! They have made some strange changes....
Minor gripe: where was Dany's whip? Out of control dragon, suddenly turns into a pussycat without Dany 'taking authority' over her 'child'?

Why no 'Cat of the Cannals' wolf/cat dreams? Why no Jon wolf dreams? These have got to come into play! Surely?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.