Game of Thrones season 5

I don't think it was needless. Stannis and his army were screwed. Out of food and unable to march back.

Melisandre might seem evil but she has a greater good mentality. Sacrificing a girl, to her, is a small price to pay for saving the world

Mellie very catholic-like with her burning deeds, but

In the book she wanted to lit Mance's baby, son of the wildlings king and fit to her purposes, but Jon sent him with Maester Aemon, Gilly and Sam down south to the Citadel; while Gilly would not stop crying for carrying the wrong infant.

Shireen was more threatened by her mum, not diferent to Carrie's, than by Stannis who protected his daughter.

Mellie very catholic-like with her burning deeds, but

In the book she wanted to lit Mance's baby, son of the wildlings king and fit to her purposes, but Jon sent him with Maester Aemon, Gilly and Sam down south to the Citadel; while Gilly would not stop crying for carrying the wrong infant.

Shireen was more threatened by her mum, not diferent to Carrie's, than by Stannis who protected his daughter.
I thought so too. But if I recall GRRM said he based the red priests off the Zoroastrian faith.

Totally get that some were disgusted with certain aspects of that episode and the idea of that is indeed hard to think about.
I also don't like to feel comfortable watching it and i don't mean with extreme scenes. I felt i could start to half guess the show and that makes it boring.
People are right back to square one with that now and it keeps the show fresh. In the long run it will benefit the show, i am back to shitting it every scene now.

Totally get that some were disgusted with certain aspects of that episode and the idea of that is indeed hard to think about.
I also don't like to feel comfortable watching it and i don't mean with extreme scenes. I felt i could start to half guess the show and that makes it boring.
People are right back to square one with that now and it keeps the show fresh. In the long run it will benefit the show, i am back to shitting it every scene now.

I haven't read any of the books so all this is new to me every episode(admittitly i have had some sneak peeks at the origianl story lines) but it got me thinking about the ones that have read the books surly the change of story's they are creating would make it even more interesting for the them?

I haven't read any of the books so all this is new to me every episode(admittitly i have had some sneak peeks at the origianl story lines) but it got me thinking about the ones that have read the books surly the change of story's they are creating would make it even more interesting for the them?

It is good that we don't know what's coming but I have a couple of misgivings about it:

- Whilst some story arcs have been altered, the story as a whole is moving in the same direction as the books. My fear is that the show will beat the books to the same answer because it's cut corners to get there.

- Some really good story arcs have been missed out. Some slight spoilers below that I doubt will affect your watching and won't give too much of the books away.
The Iron Born get somewhat interesting in the books and have been completely forgotten in the shows. Another Targaryen. Maester Sam. Fake Arya.

I realise that the show and books are becoming increasingly distinct but they've just fucked Stannis's character, the whole point is that he's single minded and honourable, he fights and fights against that decision in the book. Some of the stuff they've done in this series is just shit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.