Game of Thrones season 5

The Stannis story arch is the most disappointing thing about the whole season. Stannis marches out into the open with a weakened army to give up any element of surprise and ambiguity to the strength of his forces , without sending scouts to check enemy troop movements and doesn't notice a giant army of cavalry until they are within spitting distance. The show has made Stannis stupid as well as evil. He was supposed to be a military genius The book has been building up to an epic battle, a bunch of Northmen have joined Stannis, and it's foreshadowed that Roose's guys are gonna betray him, instead we get a single cavalry charge.

will put episode thoughts in spoiler since it hasn't aired in the UK yet

The entire Stannis storyline very anti-climactic IMO. His entire arc all season was to battle to take over Winterfell, and it ended up being very lame. I know it had budget restrictions, but still.

I also don't think he's dead because they didn't show the death on screen.

I can't think that Jon Snow will stay dead, and the red-haired lady will resurrect him. Her riding towards Castle Black at the same time is just too convenient. Plus, without him there really isn't enough good guys in the show to cheer for.

This is just guess work but I'll also put it in spoilers in case someone had not watched it yet

i also think John will come back given that it was such a quiet death and the fact that Melissandre fucked off back to the wall - she probably thinks the Lord of light needs her there for Jon. Don't forget he's brought that fella who the hound fought back before. Maybe Brienne will use Stannis (or his head) to get into Winterfell?
I think Daenerys's dragon will wake up after forty winks, at which point all those Dorthraki will decide to be on her side.

Last edited:
A fine and fitting ending, though it started slow this series ended on a high though on a low note also with the final scene
in the book the "Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again" vision plus also Varamyr's death and warging into his wolf at death open the possibility that Jon will live on through ghost until his body is ressurected, also if he is a tygarean as heavily hinted rebirth from the funeral pyre is a good possibility.
Tyrion and Varys reunited and the fate of Sansa & Theon did Brienne spare Stannis and the return of the mountain or possibly hound makes for what should be a interesting next season

Also I felt sorry for Jamie a little bit even though he's been a twat earlier on in the show he has been more likable in some parts, but no sooner does he have a moment of genuin hapiness it's snatched away

Last edited:
Wasn't there supposed to be more snow for when two well known characters made that leap, looked more like a suicide pact...should have been 5 feet of the stuff.

A fine and fitting ending, though it started slow this series ended on a high though on a low note also with the final scene
in the book the "Now he was a man, now a wolf, now a man again" vision plus also Varamyr's death and warging into his wolf at death open the possibility that Jon will live on through ghost until his body is ressurected, also if he is a tygarean as heavily hinted rebirth from the funeral pyre is a good possibility.
Tyrion and Varys reunited and the fate of Sansa & Theon did Brienne spare Stannis and the return of the mountain or possibly hound makes for what should be a interesting next season

Also I felt sorry for Jamie a little bit even though he's been a twat earlier on in the show he has been more likable in some parts, but no sooner does he have a moment of genuin hapiness it's snatched away

that's the brilliant part of the story, isn't it? At times we root for Stannis, even though he murdered his brother and his daughter (though no one cheered for him after that last part, admittedly). We sympathize for Jaime because of this and losing his hand even though he started the war pushing the young Stark out the window attempting to murder him. Now watching last night, Cersei is the most detestable of them all, but after the walk, all I could think of was, "I can't wait until next season when she kills them all".

bit of a slog this season with the occasional wow moment just like the later books.. it'll pick big time next season

Wasn't there supposed to be more snow for when two well known characters made that leap, looked more like a suicide pact...should have been 5 feet of the stuff.

spoilering because not aired in UK yet
I can only make the assumption they made the jump successfully. They'd have put way more time into that portion of the show if two of the very few remaining characters since the beginning of the show just died by falling into snow.

spoilering because not aired in UK yet
I can only make the assumption they made the jump successfully. They'd have put way more time into that portion of the show if two of the very few remaining characters since the beginning of the show just died by falling into snow.
They do make the jump but in the book they jumped into 5 foot of snow drifts, last night they jumped onto about 2mm of the stuff

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.