Game of Thrones - Season 6

Well people complain but then tune in the following week, its just like going watching City really

I think that this season is moving much faster than the last one and actually, quite a bit has happened so far.

My only gripe is the apparent need to spoon feed the story to the viewer. For example, the small council scene today felt very wooden and I think they could have demonstrated Kevan's mistrust of Cersei and Jaime in a much faster and/or more exciting fashion. The dialogue feels more like that of a radio show, where they have to describe what they're doing and set the scene every time the plot needs to develop.

Seems to be a growing consensus that they are fudging this, too many stories and nothing has really progressed, its been a lot like the last series so far. Things will hopefully pick up, but so much for moving the story on at pace this series that was promised.

Some spoilers if you havent watched it below

Jon is alive, taken 3 episodes to do what could have been done in 1

Arya has got her eyes back, see above

Bran has reappeared and is just being used as a vehicle to tell back story, probably the only really good thing so far, but his story hasnt moved on despite a whole series off

Sansa was rescued, Theon has gone home but that story hasnt progressed since the first episode

Who cares about Danny and the Dothraki?

The Lannisters have been threatening making everyone suffer for 3 episodes but cant even intimidate the small council it seems

Tyrion is probably the only character that has actual dialogue, so his scenes are not too bad, but he hasnt actually done anything bar release the dragons to give a hint of his ancestry

Ramsey is actually watchable, just because he is so much of a **** you wander what he's going to do next

At least Dorne was only mentioned this week

Basically, blah blah blah, minimal violence and no tits, which are 2 of the main reasons its been so popular, the tits and violence prevent the viewer from realising not a lot is happening.

I'll keep watching, because I like to finish series I start, I even watched the last series of Dexter.

Seems to be a growing consensus that they are fudging this, too many stories and nothing has really progressed, its been a lot like the last series so far. Things will hopefully pick up, but so much for moving the story on at pace this series that was promised.

Some spoilers if you havent watched it below

Jon is alive, taken 3 episodes to do what could have been done in 1

Arya has got her eyes back, see above

Bran has reappeared and is just being used as a vehicle to tell back story, probably the only really good thing so far, but his story hasnt moved on despite a whole series off

Sansa was rescued, Theon has gone home but that story hasnt progressed since the first episode

Who cares about Danny and the Dothraki?

The Lannisters have been threatening making everyone suffer for 3 episodes but cant even intimidate the small council it seems

Tyrion is probably the only character that has actual dialogue, so his scenes are not too bad, but he hasnt actually done anything bar release the dragons to give a hint of his ancestry

Ramsey is actually watchable, just because he is so much of a **** you wander what he's going to do next

At least Dorne was only mentioned this week

Basically, blah blah blah, minimal violence and no tits, which are 2 of the main reasons its been so popular, the tits and violence prevent the viewer from realising not a lot is happening.

I'll keep watching, because I like to finish series I start, I even watched the last series of Dexter

The story parts are the best bits, but yeah I'd say story driven series like game of thrones isn't probably your scene..

The story parts are the best bits, but yeah I'd say story driven series like game of thrones isn't probably your scene..

The story that isnt moving along like it was before, thats my issue, I like story driven shows, thus me finding the back story parts most of the best bits this series (not saying much) but when they spend 3 hours and nothing much progresses and the story grinds to a halt I struggle to be interested and its left open to criticism. The fact it was so good before just highlights how much it is tailing off.

Btw - i didnt use the spoiler, it seems pointless really if you come onto a thread about series 6 of a program and get upset at what has been shown is being discussed, I think the spoilers were good when the book readers were discussing things that hadnt been in the show or for theories of what might come about, but as the show is now ahead there seems little point using spoilers.

The problem isn't really too many story lines for me it's that the show is fast running out of characters you care about. I couldn't give a toss about Daenerys, Cersei, Jaime or Arya to be honest and just find their story lines going nowhere. All the cool characters get killed off and what you're left with isn't that great besides Jon and Tyrion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.