Game of Thrones - Season 6

I haven't watched a single episode of GoT or its books. I'm a big History channel's Vikings fan and would like to know how slow can the GoT series be?

Well actually come to think of it I did watch the earliest episodes of season 1 when it came out and thought it was a chore to wait every week for it being dragging out too much. Has it really turned good?

Can I try a theory on you guys?

Tyrion's dad is actually the mad king. Hence why Jamie killed the mad king and why Tywin hated him so much (because the mad king slept with his wife and Tyrion is his son).
Therefor Tyrion is actually a Targaryan and sister to Daenerys. That would explain how he managed the dragons so well.
Also, the "Prince that was promised" prophecys fit well with him:

They are the blood of the dragon.
Born amidst smoke and salt.
Born beneath a bleeding star.
Will wake dragons out of stone.
Will draw Lightbringer from the flames.
Will possibly have to make a sacrifice.

The last two I think are yet to happen.

Reminds me of my favourite theory ever: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory

I think what you suggest is quite likely, though I doubt Jaime would have been aware of it.

I buy Maester Aemon's theory that the gender neutrality of High Valyrian means that the Prince could just as easily be a Princess and it refers to Dany. A Targaryen born on Dragonstone who woke her dragons and could even have been seen to make a sacrifice (Drogo in order for the dragons to hatch).

Reminds me of my favourite theory ever: https://www.reddit.com/r/asoiaf/comments/30mat2/spoilers_all_ddt_a_neverbeforeseen_theory

I think what you suggest is quite likely, though I doubt Jaime would have been aware of it.

I buy Maester Aemon's theory that the gender neutrality of High Valyrian means that the Prince could just as easily be a Princess and it refers to Dany. A Targaryen born on Dragonstone who woke her dragons and could even have been seen to make a sacrifice (Drogo in order for the dragons to hatch).
Isn't that a bit too obvious?

Isn't that a bit too obvious?

I think the confusion of Prince and Princess disguises it somewhat and I'd like to see what Lightbringer is - got a feeling it could be a metaphorical rather than a literal sword.

I think the confusion of Prince and Princess disguises it somewhat and I'd like to see what Lightbringer is - got a feeling it could be a metaphorical rather than a literal sword.
Could be anything. Stannis thought he had it. That could still be it and it might play a part later on.
I hope all is revealed and we are not all left guessing and theorising after the show has ended.

Can I try a theory on you guys?

Tyrion's dad is actually the mad king. Hence why Jamie killed the mad king and why Tywin hated him so much (because the mad king slept with his wife and Tyrion is his son).
Therefor Tyrion is actually a Targaryan and sister to Daenerys. That would explain how he managed the dragons so well.
Also, the "Prince that was promised" prophecys fit well with him:

They are the blood of the dragon.
Born amidst smoke and salt.
Born beneath a bleeding star.
Will wake dragons out of stone.
Will draw Lightbringer from the flames.
Will possibly have to make a sacrifice.

The last two I think are yet to happen.
Thats a very old theory mate,been around for years

I haven't watched a single episode of GoT or its books. I'm a big History channel's Vikings fan and would like to know how slow can the GoT series be?

Well actually come to think of it I did watch the earliest episodes of season 1 when it came out and thought it was a chore to wait every week for it being dragging out too much. Has it really turned good?
Turned good?? it was never bad,it is the most watched and pirated tv show currently on

Turned good?? it was never bad,it is the most watched and pirated tv show currently on

Well I started watching it when it first came out and waiting week after week I thought it was ok, nothing special. I was still scarred by the sudden fizzle of Heroes. I guess I am proven wrong with GoT. Obviously it has become popular now. Maybe it needs the luxury of an invested interest in marathon watching the first season. I'm going to start watching it then as its on Amazon prime and Vikings is on a mid season break.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.