Game of Thrones (season 8)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 7evens, 31 Jan 2019.

1. FCBarca

FCBarca

That's it for me. I wasn't expecting non-stop battles or story advancement but considering how much time between seasons and all that is left to be resolved, something more substantial considering only 4 episodes remain
    Particularly when the next episode is surely going to be an episode primarily devoted to the battle

2. urban genie

urban genie

All the great clasical sagas have such momments and ep 2 was great in my opinion.

Read any tolkien, cornwells arthurian trilogy, old saxon and norse sagas, etc.

They will have the calm before the storm chapters where it is mostly the charactors just about talking, remeniscing, enjoying their last momments before certain death.

For all the moaning the little things were what made it

• The child wanting to fight burn scars and it's similarity to shireen greyscale and Davos look when she comes up.
    • The nights watch reunited with ghost also included
    • Tormunds surname revealed in maybe the weirdest story ever and davos and jamies face as he tells his tale
    • Briene finally getting recognised as an equal to the knights, also potential threesome on there
    • Danny in both conversations with sansa and jon revealing she cannot seperate ruling from whats important, which I fear means danny ain't making it to the end.
    • Greyworm talking about the future means he's dying next week
    • Roberts proposal to ned about their children getting it on happened, just the a different son and daughter
    • Though seeing arya arse cheeks and side boob, when you have watched her as the young lass grow throughout the show was a bit, nah didn't wanta see that, her slitting peoples throats fine, but her tits, no
    • Jorah reconciled with his house
    • Euron and Sansa moment in front of danny was clever way to show how the difference between the 2, danny burns people who wronged her, sansa ebraces them offers redemtion and sees their use and that forgiveness and unity are better.
    • Where the fuck was the night king??

Yes we all want some battles and political intrigue, but we are at the final battle now and any good war story has long drawn out momments of the charactors just talking and reflecting, this was that episode

Last edited: 22 Apr 2019
  3. acquiesce

acquiesce

Agree with this. While the 1st was a "where are they now" episode, this one went into the why you love this character and that one. Also seemed to highlight the character progressions and relationships between characters. Pretty much just trying to get you warmed up and invested again, making you remember why you love this character and that.......right before a bunch get killed off.

FCBarca likes this.
  4. urban genie

urban genie

Also any book readers will know the significance of jennys song sung by podraic and it's ties to jon and danny

Basically if I recall jenny was woman the mad kings older brother fell in love with and so he gave up the throne for love, will either jon or danny do the same?

5. Mancity1980

Mancity1980

Yes, but in much the same way that 2 episodes of character analysis and reanalysis is an overkill, 2 episodes of just cgi fighting is the same (pun not intended). I would much prefer battle of the bastard episodes which had great fighting, great cgi, (there was 2 major battles in it), iconic moments, great political intrigue, great acting, great plot advancement all rolled into one.

6. Lee1983

Lee1983

I really enjoyed this one
    i need this build up in order to care about what’s to come. A battle with many deaths means nothing as we’ve not heard from most characters in over a year, maybe we have forgotten their motivations. It was great seeing them just be human and the fear they all have of what’s about to come. Most understand it’s their last night Alive and are trying to make the best of their remaining time.

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Agree,it was brilliant.Full of emotion and tension.

8. Henkeman

Henkeman

I'm with those who thought it was great. Full of sadness too, as everyone knows not all of them will survive. Beautifully done.

9. Lee1983

Lee1983

Well they added 20 ish minutes onto the next one in post production so we are going to get a massive directors cut of what they originally shot. The
    battle of winterfell might be the longest battle we’ve seen in any show to date by a county mile. So many are going to get bumped off. The trailer for the next one looks good too

FCBarca likes this.
  10. Henkeman

Henkeman

By the way, using the usual drama deathlist rules, all those who have made plans for the future or suddenly had something good happen to them in this episode are definitely for the chop, right?