Game of Thrones (season 8)

Agree with this. While the 1st was a "where are they now" episode, this one went into the why you love this character and that one. Also seemed to highlight the character progressions and relationships between characters. Pretty much just trying to get you warmed up and invested again, making you remember why you love this character and that.......right before a bunch get killed off.

Also any book readers will know the significance of jennys song sung by podraic and it's ties to jon and danny

Basically if I recall jenny was woman the mad kings older brother fell in love with and so he gave up the throne for love, will either jon or danny do the same?

Agree with this. While the 1st was a "where are they now" episode, this one went into the why you love this character and that one. Also seemed to highlight the character progressions and relationships between characters. Pretty much just trying to get you warmed up and invested again, making you remember why you love this character and that.......right before a bunch get killed off.
Yes, but in much the same way that 2 episodes of character analysis and reanalysis is an overkill, 2 episodes of just cgi fighting is the same (pun not intended). I would much prefer battle of the bastard episodes which had great fighting, great cgi, (there was 2 major battles in it), iconic moments, great political intrigue, great acting, great plot advancement all rolled into one.

I really enjoyed this one
i need this build up in order to care about what’s to come. A battle with many deaths means nothing as we’ve not heard from most characters in over a year, maybe we have forgotten their motivations. It was great seeing them just be human and the fear they all have of what’s about to come. Most understand it’s their last night Alive and are trying to make the best of their remaining time.

Well they added 20 ish minutes onto the next one in post production so we are going to get a massive directors cut of what they originally shot. The
battle of winterfell might be the longest battle we’ve seen in any show to date by a county mile. So many are going to get bumped off. The trailer for the next one looks good too

By the way, using the usual drama deathlist rules, all those who have made plans for the future or suddenly had something good happen to them in this episode are definitely for the chop, right?

So a negotiated peace settlement is not on the cards? Jeez why can’t we all just ... get along.. huh?

Wasn't thrilled with ep1 but ep2 was great. If they had cut the dragon riding crap out of ep1 along with half the lame 1 liners they could have made a single ep that covered 1+2. It may be that I didn't need any catch up as I've watched them all again recently but I found ep1 to be the weakest in all the series to date. Ep2 however was bang on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.