Game of Thrones (season 8)

1. Basically, the books have been masterfully building up to/foreshadowing Dany potentially going insane in a slow, believable way and becoming like her father. Unfortunately, the TV show writers didn't have the nuance or the patience to do that so instead they threw it together quickly at the end. The result is that it does feel illogical and unearned.

2. Personally I don't have an issue with that, I assume the dragon is breathing fire with a huge amount of power so that combined with the heat is probably going to do a lot of damage to the (fairly primitive) architecture of King's Landing.
I think the show thought they would go in a different direction with Dany, but when they got to the end and needed shut of it, they thought this was the quickest way to do it. You could tell the actors weren't comfortable with it either.

Just binge watched all of GOT from Series 1 to 8. Last two series came across as a bit silly to me a times, im not a big fan of zombies. Poor story writing in series 7 and 8 with a rather unsatisfactory ending. Some of the scenes i thought were a bit silly. the battle with the dead at Winterfell was poorly shot and not really what anyone would do defending something militarily, but hey I'm no expert in medieval warfare against the dead lol. ? Also where did all the survivors come from, Winterfell came across as significantly smaller than the Etihad and yet thousands of Unsullied and Dothraki somehow survived.

But all in all I rather enjoyed it, a couple of awkward scenes on the TV when my youngest daughter came into the room, but I managed to cope with them ok? Just lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.