Garcia and his fans from last season

He's represented his country. He's played for Real Madrid. And he's not good enough. Am I missing something. ?
OK he's not the quickest. Probably will never hold down a starting position for us. Because of the talent we have.
But to say he's not good enough is ridiculous.
He's a more than useful squad player. The sort of player who can be called on when needed.
We can't have or afford 4 holding mid field players like Yaya Touré
Garcia is more than capable of stepping in when needed.
And no I'm not afan. Just an objective assessment of the guy.

Maineman55 said:
He's represented his country. He's played for Real Madrid. And he's not good enough. Am I missing something. ?
OK he's not the quickest. Probably will never hold down a starting position for us. Because of the talent we have.
He's a more than useful squad player. The sort of player who can be called on when needed.

Yes, possibly every single one of his performances in a City shirt

The Fat el Hombre said:
Maineman55 said:

You've gotta laugh ! So called City fans refusing to support one of their own. Why waste time posting such bitter comments about a blue ? As for the 'facts', as opposed to dopes on here who slag the guy off for playing poorly against Hull when he wasn't even on the pitch,etc, let's just get a few things straight. Garcia has played well in all of the limited number of games he has played in this season, including the games at centre half, e.g. Stoke away he was excellent. Going back to last season, his first remember, he played extremely well in games like Real Madrid and Chelsea at home and Newcastle and Stoke in the cup away. I am honestly struggling to remember a game where he was 'shit' as these so called experts keep crapping on about. These are the same 'fans' who hasve been slating Nasri and Kolarov week in week out for the last two years ( without justification ) but who have gone very quiet on that one in recent weeks.

I'm still pissing myself at the guy sat behind us last season, telling everyone Garcia is 10 times the player De Jong ever was..........

I thought he was having a laugh, but was deadly serious.... He's not there this season.

Maineman55 said:

He's played for Spain twice, which happens to be the number of times he was also sold by Real Madrid

peter.evans said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Maineman55 said:

You've gotta laugh ! So called City fans refusing to support one of their own. Why waste time posting such bitter comments about a blue ? As for the 'facts', as opposed to dopes on here who slag the guy off for playing poorly against Hull when he wasn't even on the pitch,etc, let's just get a few things straight. Garcia has played well in all of the limited number of games he has played in this season, including the games at centre half, e.g. Stoke away he was excellent. Going back to last season, his first remember, he played extremely well in games like Real Madrid and Chelsea at home and Newcastle and Stoke in the cup away. I am honestly struggling to remember a game where he was 'shit' as these so called experts keep crapping on about. These are the same 'fans' who hasve been slating Nasri and Kolarov week in week out for the last two years ( without justification ) but who have gone very quiet on that one in recent weeks.

Just because i think hes rubbish and should be sold doesn’t mean i won’t support him when he plays. Im amongst other City fans discussing one of our players on a City forum.

So according to you if we’re not saying how great he is we can't mention him?

Id never boo a City player or abuse one. Even Tevez when he came back. Always get behind them.

But at the end of the day we have a player who is taking up a squad place who is on a lot of money and never performs at the level i expect a City player to play at.

peter.evans said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
Maineman55 said:

If you are unable to cope with City fans (or 'so called City fans' as you put it) giving their honest opinions on City players on an internet forum, I'd suggest that Bluemoon might not be the place for you

GX Blue said:
peter.evans said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

Just because i think hes rubbish and should be sold doesn’t mean i won’t support him when he plays. Im amongst other City fans discussing one of our players on a City forum.

So according to you if we’re not saying how great he is we can't mention him?

Id never boo a City player or abuse one. Even Tevez when he came back. Always get behind them.

But at the end of the day we have a player who is taking up a squad place who is on a lot of money and never performs at the level i expect a City player to play at.

We've got to see the grey not the black and white. He's had some sketchy performaces at centre back (some decent ones too - Stoke last year) and some good performaces in midfield - Emirates last year spings to mind. It's short sighted and scapegoat behavious to refuse to see these and see the player that could be should he get a chance to settle.

Similar to "Nasri is useless", "Goater will never be a goal scorer", "Yaya waste of money", and the recent classic "I hope that Pellegrini is gone by christmas"!!!

Life becomes colourful and easier if its not in black and white

You can have that one for free ;)

The Fat el Hombre said:
peter.evans said:
The Fat el Hombre said:

If you are unable to cope with City fans (or 'so called City fans' as you put it) giving their honest opinions on City players on an internet forum, I'd suggest that Bluemoon might not be the place for you

El Hombre, yes that's a fair point and I agree with you, perhaps I was a bit OTT. Of course, the games all about opinions but some find it annoying at the level f vitriol aimed at certain players as opposed to reasoned argument, e.g. idiots coming on here and saying Garcia was shit v Hull when he didn't even play in the game. Decent debate and different points of view is one thing, ridiculous uninformed bullshit is another ! I agree that all decent blues should get behind whoever is on the pitch and it has been excellent to see that seems to be the case for the vast majority this season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.