Garcia and his fans from last season

I think there is a very good player in there. The prem very fast and he isn't, call him silky maybe but he will not get the time on the ball he needs. In European leagues he'd do really well.

After watching him for over a year I'm just gonna tell it how it is.

Not good enough and never will be. If he could read the game his lack of pace wouldn't be such an issue. As it is he has neither of them qualities and always seems to be chasing shadows.

You dont have to have pace to be a success in the prem,Garath Barry is a great example of that..

He will need to adapt his game though, read it better, break up play and give it to Yaya to start the next attack..

CaliforniaBlue said:
Mr. Aguia said:
NQCitizen said:
Garcia is our 4th best centre/defensive midfielder and he's probably the best 4th choice central/defensive midfielder in the country. He's yet to make a serious error, cause any issues or be anything less than entirely professional.

It's a shame and a mystery (to me anyway) how he takes so much stick.

There's at least a first XI of people's elderly or even dead relatives that could out play him according to this board.

That's all you expect? Not to be disruptive to the team? Yet to make a serious error? Really? Those goals that Milan scored weren't on him? He wasn't caught out vs Hull and Cardiff regularly? Or is he off the hook because they didn't score? He's been poor. A 16m player who was touted as a DM/CB he's not been good enough.

No, he wasn't caught out against Hull at all, since he didn't even play (unused sub). You will no doubt dismiss this as a meaningless error that doesn't change the thrust of the argument, but it's symptomatic of how certain players get (and keep) a bad reputation by being blamed by default. This unjustified blame (along with some justified blame, no doubt) then accumulates in people's minds to make the player seem worse than he is.

Too busy focusing on the result of a game (or talking to friends, or posting on Bluemoon) to notice what all the players are doing every minute? No problem - you can just start with an off-the-shelf opinion, add a couple of observations (these are usually observations that confirm the opinion, good or bad) and you're done! And it's another shit game for Garcia to add to the tally.

Hear, hear!

FantasyIreland said:
16m and some of you believe that its acceptable that allowances have to be made in order for him to play?

No player in our squad should have to be 'accomodated'.

His inclusion should be solely on his merits and ability and not on the fact he needs specific conditions to be met in order for him not to be a total liability.

He is a player who is taking up a valuable squad place and a bloody good wage while not providing us with an adequate return.

A central midfielder of his alleged calibre should be both reliable and adaptable and certainly self sufficient,Garcia struggles with the lot and needs replacing asap.

That my friend is a marvellous post from start to finish

It could be he simply needs regular game time to settle as lets face it he's never really had a long run in the side. People forget how poor Kompany looked in defensive midfield when he first joined but regular games and finding his position have helped him become the monster success he has. I'm not saying it will work but there is always the chance.

Bluemoonbaldboy said:
It could be he simply needs regular game time to settle as lets face it he's never really had a long run in the side. People forget how poor Kompany looked in defensive midfield when he first joined but regular games and finding his position have helped him become the monster success he has. I'm not saying it will work but there is always the chance.

Kompany didnt struggle at first. In fact didnt he get MOTM in his first game against WHU in midfield.
He played wherever he was asked too, defence or midfield and was always good.
Kompanys only issue was his injury. He then played CB more often and became our best player. He obviously wasnt as good as he is now but he was always decent,
Not like Garcia who is awful at the back or in midfield.

Complete and utter myth that Kompany struggled at first or wasn't good. He was quality from the off.

Still remember a crunching tackle he put in on a west ham player on his debut. We were unbelievably reliable on Komps from the start, with him playing up to 3 games a week with a broken toe or whatever it was at 1 point and him single handedly holding a feeble midfield containing Robinho, Ireland, Elano and SWP together.

It took Vinnie a long, long time for him to get the credit he deserved but now everyone's on the bandwagon. I used to have to argue on here with people that he was a better centre half than Dunnie FFS

Regardless, some players DO struggle at first. Thing with Garcia is that after a full season he's still struggling badly and is miles away from where we want him to be. Must be moved on quickly bar an unbelievable change in his performances, which won't happen

Yeah I agree with the above 2 nonsense that Kompany struggled. We threw him into a game just hours after signing him, played him out of position and he still got man of the match. He did so well we played him out of position for the rest of that year

Bluemoonbaldboy said:

Absolute delusion if you think he may still improve dramatically and come good yet. He's had a fair amount of games now and has rarely shown he is adequate for a title-chasing team.

As for Kompany, didn't he have a poor spell when he first moved to centre half (under Hughes can't remember which season, maybe his second season at the club 2009-10) but obviously overcame that

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.