Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jimfv1 said:
I'd say Garcia, and Lescott are both in the same position. Kompany and Nastasic are our best two centre-backs, and Boyata, despite some wayward passing is at least on a par with Lescott. If we are to have three top draw centre-backs then the Pepe move is a good one.

Pepe would be a class addition and mean that either/both of Lescott and Garcia could be sold or loaned out.

I have never seen much from Richards at centre-back since Sven played him there, he's much better at right-back.

Garcia, Lescott, Sinclair and Kolarov can all be improved on. If we can sign Coentrao for under 10 million, and move Kolarov on then that would be great business.

Garcia needs to go fullstop. Gustavo is supposed to be available, and is the right age, He'd be an upgrade on both Barry and Garcia, so even if he was only here short-term he'd be worth pursuing until we could sign Gundogan or Kondogbia for instance.

The icing on the cake would be another forward to replace Sinclair, Ljajic could be the player, he's young enough, and like Gustavo would be an improvement on what we have.
Boyata seriously isn't on a par with Lescott.

Jimfv1 said:
Mad 4 It said:
We should sell him even if it for peanuts. At least we'd get some money towards a replacement and even if we didn't get anyone this window it's wages off the bill. I've got to the point where I don't think it's even reasonable to suggest he's cover or safe to bring on for the last 10-20mins of a game.

I would go for Vidal tbh. Sell Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, kola. That's got to be at least £20mill add another £25mill and he'd be ours. I would even sacrifice Gudetti if we're short of funds as we have enough strikers.

Zab can be used as cover at LB or promote one of the youth players. Tbh if Fernandinho gets injured/loss of form/overplayed then we will be in the same position as last year with teams just running through the middle.

I think centrally Yaya Fernandinho Rodwell Milner and VIDAL (in, Barry and Garcia out) would be enough to challenge on every front.

Would be a fantastic signing, but I don't think Vidal is available, which is why I suggested Gustavo, even if he is only a stop gap until we can get a player like Vidal.
Gustavo is much better than Garcia, and with Barry approaching the end of his career, then Gustavo could fit in. I think Pep might have made a mistake taking Thiago to Munich, especially if he has pissed off a few of their regulars.

Pissed off a few of their regulars? How so?

Caveman said:
Jimfv1 said:
I'd say Garcia, and Lescott are both in the same position. Kompany and Nastasic are our best two centre-backs, and Boyata, despite some wayward passing is at least on a par with Lescott. If we are to have three top draw centre-backs then the Pepe move is a good one.

Pepe would be a class addition and mean that either/both of Lescott and Garcia could be sold or loaned out.

I have never seen much from Richards at centre-back since Sven played him there, he's much better at right-back.

Garcia, Lescott, Sinclair and Kolarov can all be improved on. If we can sign Coentrao for under 10 million, and move Kolarov on then that would be great business.

Garcia needs to go fullstop. Gustavo is supposed to be available, and is the right age, He'd be an upgrade on both Barry and Garcia, so even if he was only here short-term he'd be worth pursuing until we could sign Gundogan or Kondogbia for instance.

The icing on the cake would be another forward to replace Sinclair, Ljajic could be the player, he's young enough, and like Gustavo would be an improvement on what we have.
And if Coentrao is sold for under 10 million I'll cut off both my own hands

keemcfc said:
Caveman said:
Jimfv1 said:

I think you will realise that was a shit plan after you cut off the first hand ;-)

RochBlue said:
keemcfc said:
Caveman said:

I think you will realise that was a shit plan after you cut off the first hand ;-)

typing.jpg

keemcfc said:
Caveman said:
Jimfv1 said:

I wouldn't say Boyata is at the moment, but Lescott is aging and won't improve from where he is now. He's Ok against the physical sides, but his passing and positioning are terrible and he ain't a leader in the defence either. He relies on Kompany too much, which for a 30 year old is unacceptable, he should be able to play at centre back with his eyes shut, because he's been around long enough and is an international player.
Whereas Boyata had his development stifled under both Hughes and Mancini, I didn't think Boyata did too much wrong against Bayern. He also relies on Vinny, but their partnership seems more natural. I don't think we can go into the season with just Lescott and Boyata as backups, but if we did bring in Pepe, then Nastasic and Boyata would be able young backups. Lescott is decent enough defender, but as a backup we wouldn't be getting value for money with his wages, etc.

Coentrao's price was quoted on here at around 7.75 million pound, whether this is realistic depends on whether Madrid can see a future for him. The fact that it was Mourinho who took him there means he may be seen as surplus to requirements, and id the price is right then he's a bargain at that price.

Pretty sure Coentrao is being valued at closer to 30mE in the Bale deal. Where you've got 7.5m from is beyond me

Jimfv1 said:
keemcfc said:
Caveman said:

I wouldn't say Boyata is at the moment, but Lescott is aging and won't improve from where he is now. He's Ok against the physical sides, but his passing and positioning are terrible and he ain't a leader in the defence either. He relies on Kompany too much, which for a 30 year old is unacceptable, he should be able to play at centre back with his eyes shut, because he's been around long enough and is an international player.
Whereas Boyata had his development stifled under both Hughes and Mancini, I didn't think Boyata did too much wrong against Bayern. He also relies on Vinny, but their partnership seems more natural. I don't think we can go into the season with just Lescott and Boyata as backups, but if we did bring in Pepe, then Nastasic and Boyata would be able young backups. Lescott is decent enough defender, but as a backup we wouldn't be getting value for money with his wages, etc.

Coentrao's price was quoted on here at around 7.75 million pound, whether this is realistic depends on whether Madrid can see a future for him. The fact that it was Mourinho who took him there means he may be seen as surplus to requirements, and id the price is right then he's a bargain at that price.

Totally agree with the Boyata position,most supporters thought he was a future star. Then a couple of loans that did not work. I would hope that this is one of the reasons that the club brought in Pellegrini to bring on promising lads.He is only 22 and he can tackle .Sometimes a little energetically shall we say, He could be a prospect and will benefit from this match. Lescott has not looked comfortable in the pre season games and think he could go, if only for his England future. Pellegrini has been looking at this squad and will have an opinion about who goes, and who remains. Interesting days .

In my opinion our defence will receive a complete over haul next summer not this.

1) Barry will be out of contract
2) Lescott will be out of contract
3) Kolorov will be in his final year of his contract
4) Garcia will have had two years with the club and be half way through his contract
5) Pants will be at the end of his contract.
If we can sell them this year then it will be a bonus other and there is still time to bring in a replacement. But our Spanish duo started to identify our problems for this year in November 2012 so I have no doubt that if the above stays the same they will be doing their homework early and sorting it out again for the beginning of next summer.

On staff we should have

Hart, Wright Johansen as the three keepers, I am hoping Pants will extend his contract to keep the keepers situation as it is. In terms of the remainding defenders

Zab, Richards, no alteration needed. Kompany, Boyata, Nastisic and Clichy. Therefore we will need two centre backs and a left back. Hopefully Rekik will return and be able to fill one of the centre back positions. So by default we will only need to pay for a left back and a centre back.

If that all happens and the two players we sign are foreign you have to ask yourself will we still have the right quota of 8 association based players to fill a twenty five man squad for the prem league.

Hart, Wright, Richards, Boyata, Clichy, Rekik, Milner, Guidetti. that is just enough.

Looking at our squad today we have 15 foreign players, with Garcia leaving that will take us to 14 so adding another 2 foreigners will allow keep us with the 17 permitted.

Just looking at CL the four homegrown players out of our academy will be, Richards, Rekik, Boyata and Guidetti allowing us for the first time to have a 25 man CL squad.

I accept a lot can change and trying to predict this years spending and targets are difficult enough but I do think next year will be the year when our defence is strengthened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.