Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
NQCitizen said:
He's just bloody slow. That's his only real issue. Yet we find ever more surprising ways to completely exaggerate his lack of pace. Stick him at cdm next to a midfield engine and he'll be alright.

This.

16 million transfer fees
Maybe 4 million per year for his wages

Thanks to Mancini and whoever approved this deal!

blinkblue said:
Maybe we give the guy a chance to adapt to his new position before writing him off completely?

considering he's looked shit in every position and system says to me he isn't that good, he needs to spend longer on the training ground rather than modelling for Hugo Boss.

Blue Blooded American said:
NQCitizen said:
He's just bloody slow. That's his only real issue. Yet we find ever more surprising ways to completely exaggerate his lack of pace. Stick him at cdm next to a midfield engine and he'll be alright.

This.

He might be alright this season, but he might be shite, like last season. He isn't going to be a centre back anytime soon though & if Pellegrini plays him there in big games, he'll end up on the same bus as Mancini & will deserve it.

I'd say Garcia, and Lescott are both in the same position. Kompany and Nastasic are our best two centre-backs, and Boyata, despite some wayward passing is at least on a par with Lescott. If we are to have three top draw centre-backs then the Pepe move is a good one.

Pepe would be a class addition and mean that either/both of Lescott and Garcia could be sold or loaned out.

I have never seen much from Richards at centre-back since Sven played him there, he's much better at right-back.

Garcia, Lescott, Sinclair and Kolarov can all be improved on. If we can sign Coentrao for under 10 million, and move Kolarov on then that would be great business.

Garcia needs to go fullstop. Gustavo is supposed to be available, and is the right age, He'd be an upgrade on both Barry and Garcia, so even if he was only here short-term he'd be worth pursuing until we could sign Gundogan or Kondogbia for instance.

The icing on the cake would be another forward to replace Sinclair, Ljajic could be the player, he's young enough, and like Gustavo would be an improvement on what we have.

Hart of the matter said:
Has there been any offers. Has there even been the hint of an offer?
If not, why is this in the transfer forum?

Discussion / fans opinion / wishful thinking ?

It's still allowed isn't it ?

We should sell him even if it for peanuts. At least we'd get some money towards a replacement and even if we didn't get anyone this window it's wages off the bill. I've got to the point where I don't think it's even reasonable to suggest he's cover or safe to bring on for the last 10-20mins of a game.

I would go for Vidal tbh. Sell Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, kola. That's got to be at least £20mill add another £25mill and he'd be ours. I would even sacrifice Gudetti if we're short of funds as we have enough strikers.

Zab can be used as cover at LB or promote one of the youth players. Tbh if Fernandinho gets injured/loss of form/overplayed then we will be in the same position as last year with teams just running through the middle.

I think centrally Yaya Fernandinho Rodwell Milner and VIDAL (in, Barry and Garcia out) would be enough to challenge on every front.

Mad 4 It said:
We should sell him even if it for peanuts. At least we'd get some money towards a replacement and even if we didn't get anyone this window it's wages off the bill. I've got to the point where I don't think it's even reasonable to suggest he's cover or safe to bring on for the last 10-20mins of a game.

I would go for Vidal tbh. Sell Barry, Garcia, Sinclair, kola. That's got to be at least £20mill add another £25mill and he'd be ours. I would even sacrifice Gudetti if we're short of funds as we have enough strikers.

Zab can be used as cover at LB or promote one of the youth players. Tbh if Fernandinho gets injured/loss of form/overplayed then we will be in the same position as last year with teams just running through the middle.

I think centrally Yaya Fernandinho Rodwell Milner and VIDAL (in, Barry and Garcia out) would be enough to challenge on every front.

Would be a fantastic signing, but I don't think Vidal is available, which is why I suggested Gustavo, even if he is only a stop gap until we can get a player like Vidal.
Gustavo is much better than Garcia, and with Barry approaching the end of his career, then Gustavo could fit in. I think Pep might have made a mistake taking Thiago to Munich, especially if he has pissed off a few of their regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.