Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
alky313 said:
Imagine if we wrote Zabaleta off after one season. Oh wait, some did.

Zabaleta was a liability due to his fondness for yellow cards and his poor decision making,however,he had obvious attributes and potential and you could see a footballer in him,unlike Garcia,Zabs problem was never one of ability or physicality.

Garcia,like Kolarov,was a very poor purchase and simply isnt good enough for us.

Garcia is a positional awareness player. Absolutely wonderful tackler. Always played in a midfield two when he really needs to sit deeper.

'wonderful tackler' ?

Is that when he rarely meets an opponent as slow as him? because very often the opposition has waltzed past him like he isn't there......

alky313 said:
Cobwebcat said:
alky313 said:

Unless Garcia has the capacity to speed up he will never be the answer. I doubt he has but I hope I'm wrong.

You're right. Makelele was the fastest DM in world football.

You are seriously making this point?

Garcia is average at best in most areas so he needs speed to compensate. However I've never seen such a slow player and yes NDJ was faster than Garcia, my 3 month old daughter is faster ;-)

He can position himself as cleverly as he likes but everyone walks past him so he tries to drag them down and he pulls out of tackles for some reason or am I watching a different player?

FantasyIreland said:
alky313 said:

Zabaleta was a liability due to his fondness for yellow cards and his poor decision making,however,he had obvious attributes and potential and you could see a footballer in him,unlike Garcia,Zabs problem was never one of ability or physicality.

Garcia,like Kolarov,was a very poor purchase and simply isnt good enough for us.
I agree with the Kolarov claim, as for Garcia, I think its much ado about nothing. He is faster as Barry, has a better passing touch than than half the players on the squad, He is better at attacking cornerkicks and connecting with headers than anyone not named Micah, or Kompany.

And while he is not a superstar, he is good enough, and might shine at CD, seeing as his positioning is quite good, and he is better with the ball at his feet than any of the Current CDs.

He I will keep. Kolarov? NO!!!

daxman said:
as for Garcia, I think its much ado about nothing. He is faster as Barry, has a better passing touch than than half the players on the squad, He is better at attacking cornerkicks and connecting with headers than anyone not named Micah, or Kompany.

And while he is not a superstar, he is good enough, and might shine at CD, seeing as his positioning is quite good, and he is better with the ball at his feet than any of the Current CDs.

And yet he still manages to look incredibly awkward,off the pace,panicky and completely immobile while disrupting any fluidity within the team.

Do you think any of our top 6 rivals might bid for him?

daxman said:
FantasyIreland said:
alky313 said:

I agree with the Kolarov claim, as for Garcia, I think its much ado about nothing. He is faster as Barry, has a better passing touch than than half the players on the squad, He is better at attacking cornerkicks and connecting with headers than anyone not named Micah, or Kompany.

He I will keep. Kolarov? NO!!!

I saw him play very well against Chelsea so he can do it but he doesn't. I supported him against many dissenting voices in the past as I thought his injury was slowing him down but I was wrong.

Pelle has already sold him once so I think his days are numbered anyway.

He'll be used as fourth choice CB and 'emergency' midfield cover. Useful enough to keep in the squad for another season, I'm much more confident with him at CB than I was with Savic there.

FantasyIreland said:
daxman said:
as for Garcia, I think its much ado about nothing. He is faster as Barry, has a better passing touch than than half the players on the squad, He is better at attacking cornerkicks and connecting with headers than anyone not named Micah, or Kompany.

And yet he still manages to look incredibly awkward,off the pace,panicky and completely immobile while disrupting any fluidity within the team.

Do you think any of our top 6 rivals might bid for him?

I think FantasyIreland is watching the same player I'm seeing.

MJMRuiz said:
He'll be used as fourth choice CB and 'emergency' midfield cover. Useful enough to keep in the squad for another season, I'm much more confident with him at CB than I was with Savic there.

I'll give you he's better than Savic! Luckily we are still in the market for a centre half and I think we will only keep him if we don't manage to sign one.<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:09 am --<br /><br />
alky313 said:
Some of the adjectives in this thread...

With support like this who needs enemies.

So you like every city player ever......strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.