Garcia

Status
Not open for further replies.
alky313 said:
Some of the adjectives in this thread...

With support like this who needs enemies.

That's bollocks mate.

Garcia will cost us points so i don't apologise for calling it as I see it.

I wouldn't be so sure we're in for another CB. I don't really see the need for one, unless it's bringing in a long term replacement for Kompany who'll sit on the bench and bide his time for a few years, such as Ginter. Bringing in Pepe would make no sense at all, we've already got three dependable CBs in Kompany, Nastasic and Lescott, then Garcia and even Micah if we're desperate. We've been excellent in cutting costs this summer, signing Pepe and giving him the wage he'll no doubt demand would be a backwards step.

FantasyIreland said:
alky313 said:
Some of the adjectives in this thread...

With support like this who needs enemies.

That's bollocks mate.

Garcia will cost us points so i don't apologise for calling it as I see it.

If that's what you do on Bluemoon then I suggest you buy some specs.

FantasyIreland said:
daxman said:
as for Garcia, I think its much ado about nothing. He is faster as Barry, has a better passing touch than than half the players on the squad, He is better at attacking cornerkicks and connecting with headers than anyone not named Micah, or Kompany.

And while he is not a superstar, he is good enough, and might shine at CD, seeing as his positioning is quite good, and he is better with the ball at his feet than any of the Current CDs.

And yet he still manages to look incredibly awkward,off the pace,panicky and completely immobile while disrupting any fluidity within the team.

Do you think any of our top 6 rivals might bid for him?
Yes. He is a very good player. He had a down season. This is not like Kolarov who was always a poor player technically. Albeit he scored magical goals in Italy. Garcia was actually a very good player at Benfica. And if he plays up to his Benfica standard, he'd be great for us at either CD or DM.

MJMRuiz said:
I wouldn't be so sure we're in for another CB. I don't really see the need for one, unless it's bringing in a long term replacement for Kompany who'll sit on the bench and bide his time for a few years, such as Ginter. Bringing in Pepe would make no sense at all, we've already got three dependable CBs in Kompany, Nastasic and Lescott, then Garcia and even Micah if we're desperate. We've been excellent in cutting costs this summer, signing Pepe and giving him the wage he'll no doubt demand would be a backwards step.

So you dont talk complete shite afterall

All of you people saying he should leave should take a long hard look at his girlfriend.

MJMRuiz said:

We had issues finding cover last season and we have 1 less CB(Kolo). If we get a couple players injured or suspended at CB it could cost us a game like it did last year when we were forced to play Garcia vs SOuthampton. Yes many were shit in that game but if we had Vinnie out there he could have negated 1 or 2 of those goals and changed the whole game. Richards gets injured a lot and IMO he's not a great CB. He's fine for cover but a better FB. Lescott is good with Vinnie but if Vinnie is out and he has to partner with Nasty I would be a bit concerned. Nasty is good but he's young and makes mistakes and Lescott is make prone himself. Vinnie covers a lot of our warts. We need another CB that we can count on in a pinch.

Mr. Aguia said:
MJMRuiz said:

We had issues finding cover last season and we have 1 less CB(Kolo). If we get a couple players injured or suspended at CB it could cost us a game like it did last year when we were forced to play Garcia vs SOuthampton. Yes many were shit in that game but if we had Vinnie out there he could have negated 1 or 2 of those goals and changed the whole game. Richards gets injured a lot and IMO he's not a great CB. He's fine for cover but a better FB. Lescott is good with Vinnie but if Vinnie is out and he has to partner with Nasty I would be a bit concerned. Nasty is good but he's young and makes mistakes and Lescott is make prone himself. Vinnie covers a lot of our warts. We need another CB that we can count on in a pinch.

Agree with all of this and luckily I think City think the same. One to come in for sure. Not sure Pepe would be my choice but I can see the thinking.

I think the major problem with Garcia is that he looks lost at the back. Great defenders are in the right place, at the right time and are able to read the game but Garcia just doesnt seem to know what he is doing but we no longer have a place for him in midfield so it will be interesting to see what Pellegrini's plans are for him...

Kind regards

daxman said:
FantasyIreland said:
daxman said:
as for Garcia, I think its much ado about nothing. He is faster as Barry, has a better passing touch than than half the players on the squad, He is better at attacking cornerkicks and connecting with headers than anyone not named Micah, or Kompany.

And while he is not a superstar, he is good enough, and might shine at CD, seeing as his positioning is quite good, and he is better with the ball at his feet than any of the Current CDs.

And yet he still manages to look incredibly awkward,off the pace,panicky and completely immobile while disrupting any fluidity within the team.

Do you think any of our top 6 rivals might bid for him?
Yes. He is a very good player. He had a down season. This is not like Kolarov who was always a poor player technically. Albeit he scored magical goals in Italy. Garcia was actually a very good player at Benfica. And if he plays up to his Benfica standard, he'd be great for us at either CD or DM.

Garcia is fucking hopeless, one of the worst buys we've made in our recent era.

If we could get an offer in the region of £5-8mil I'm sure we'd rip the respective team's arm off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.