Gareth Bale part 2.

Blueband Brother said:
pudge said:
Never said he was hated, and his diving was the sole reason. Nice twist though.

I merely attempted to explain how SOME people MAY not like him

It's like talking to a brick wall, with Bale posters all over it.[/quo

You are still deluding yourself into thinking that diving is a justification for the hate. This is the path you have taken after you arrogant attempt to discredit a message I was making and if you are true to yourself you will understand that.

But the reality is that you are among st the people that my original point was referring to and you have gone on an ultimately false path to rationalize yourself.
I don't hate Bale, I think he's a brilliant player and conducts himself well in his interviews.

But he does have a tendency to dive, that's an unfortunate fact. Some people will remember him for it and not like him because of it and that's understandable because it is an ugly side of the game.

What's wrong with that?

pudge said:
Blueband Brother said:
pudge said:
Never said he was hated, and his diving was the sole reason. Nice twist though.

I merely attempted to explain how SOME people MAY not like him

It's like talking to a brick wall, with Bale posters all over it.[/quo

You are still deluding yourself into thinking that diving is a justification for the hate. This is the path you have taken after you arrogant attempt to discredit a message I was making and if you are true to yourself you will understand that.

But the reality is that you are among st the people that my original point was referring to and you have gone on an ultimately false path to rationalize yourself.
I don't hate Bale, I think he's a brilliant player and conducts himself well in his interviews.

But he does have a tendency to dive, that's an unfortunate fact. Some people will remember him for it and not like him because of it and that's understandable because it is an ugly side of the game.

What's wrong with that?

Pudge, You are not still willing to understand the point I am making. Diving is indeed an ugly path of the game but it has unfortunately become part of the furniture and is also path of the competitive tendency or trait of almost all the attacking players in the world.

Now, you even have managers and fans remonstrating when a player does not go down in the box when there is contact with the opponent. This is the unfortunate reality. Even in other sports as well- 6'11 basketball players go down and roll on the floor when there is minimal contact as that is the competitive instinct in light of the rules of the sport. Even (american) football players are now going down and faking injuries to give them an advantage.

This is behavior and culture that should not be condoned but it is a reality.

Rationalization is a defense mechanism used by people to justify the unjustifiable and for anyone to pick the fact that Bale dives as the reason to show contempt and animosity towards the player in particular is just rationalizing i.e looking for a reason to justify the negative emotions towards the particular player and they are deluding themselves and misguided.

That was the point I am making and have been making in this somewhat devolved and ineffective exchange.

I've got to say I've not noticed much animosity towards Bale in this thread.
OK his dives put him in the category of cheating little shit, but in general the negative comments have been about the value of the transfer and that is something beyond his control.
Saying he isn't worth such a fee or that he's no better than so and so is hardly "hatred". Real Madrid live in a world of their own where all that matters is that they match Barcelona when it comes to taking the pocket money from those too stupid to support their local teams. Barcelona got Neymar so Real Madrid made a song and dance about signing Bale. Spuds knew Real would bid high so they stuck a stupid price tag on him and the story covered the back pages all summer.
A marquee signing for RM, lots of money for Spuds (most of which they've already spent) and a huge bulge in Bale's bank account. There may be something unpleasant about how Madrid go about their business, there's certainly something unpleasant about Spuds, but none of this is the fault of the player and I don't think many posters have said otherwise. Unless we're talking about his fuckin' stupid goal celebration of course.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.