Gareth Bale

Andouble said:
citysince88 said:
Levy is supposed to hate the Rags and will turn down any of they make for Bale.

rags would get him for cheaper than anyone else.
Yep. I believe Spurs didn't trick United out of a few million compensation in signing Fryers after a few months in Belgium. The Berbatov transfer was entirely amicable too.

They'd have to pay as much as we would.

Levy has hated United ever since the way they acted over the Berbatov transfer. Apparently he was furious that he had already undergone a medical with them before a fee had been agreed. Also Spurs have just got one over on United by signing their former youth product from that Belgian team to avoid paying United compo. So Spurs and United don't have the best relationship which could complicate any deal for Bale.

Also I cant see Madrid selling Ronaldo for anything less than the £80 million they paid for him. I mean Ronaldo is a 50 goal a season player and is the second best player in the world, he will be the difference between success and failure at Madrid. Does anyone see United spending nearly £100 million on Ronaldo and Thiago? Because I don't.

I would like City to put a £65 million offer on the table for Bale. Even if we are not interested it would set a precedent to Madrid and the Rags that they would have to pay more to sign him. Even though it would help Spurs out it would get one over on United and teach Madrid a lesson for going after our targets.

CTIDANDREW said:
Philipp Lahm has been the best RB in the world for quite sometime. But to each their own.

It's a point that can't be ignored, Alves for me then Maicon and the ret, a few years ago Maicon was the pinnacle.

What it shows me is how important pace is now for right back in the modern game<br /><br />-- Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:22 pm --<br /><br />
Barcon said:
kanovic said:
The_Mo said:
Best mates with Levy are ya? 70 million quid says otherwise.
We will never spend 70mill on a player like Bale. Only player we could spend that on is Ronaldo's caliber or so where the image rights and shirt sales will make it good business. I doubt we will ever spend 70mill on a player.

Agreed mate. Bale will never sell shirts unless he moves to Real or Barca. He's an ugly ****, so that rules out the wimmin and gays, leaving the glory hunters and plastics.

I like his ears and that works well on promotional level

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.