Gareth Bale

andrewmswift said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
FrancoisToure said:
But only a few players out there that are a major coup. Can't think of any besides Ronaldo and Bale.

Depends on how you view football outside of your knowledge of City. All of the players above are of a great calibre and would be a very good signing, and depending on the interest of other clubs or just managing to agree a sale it would be seen as a coup by those who appreciate world football and aren't screaming and whining for a Galactico every 10 seconds.

but this isn't just about a "very good signing," it's about a marketing asset and a statement of intent. ronaldo or bale are the only ones that fit that

Maybe so, and if it is then it will thankfully shut up all the children that can't appreciate anything other than the Real Madrid way of doing things.

I hope the signing is right for footballing reasons.

The way Eastlandsblue words his post sounds to me like he actually works at City.

I genuinely think Bale is one of only 3 signings that would officially 'please' this forum.

It'd be a fucking whopper of a catch.

Ray78 said:
Blue2112 said:
I wouldn't mind trying a new post just to gauge everyone's preference but don't wanna piss the mods off with another so I'll ask it in here.

Bale or Ronaldo?

Cos I reckon at 70m we wouldn't be that far away from Ronaldo.

Ronaldo. But a slightly more realistic target then it is Bale.

i would gauge both these targets as equally difficult to buy.

Ric said:
The announcement is tomorrow, but is probably not what people were expecting (certainly judging by this thread anyway!).

not saying this is related at all, but ...

(taken from the big july announcement thread on BM forum)

leewill31 said:
Ray78 said:
Blue2112 said:
I wouldn't mind trying a new post just to gauge everyone's preference but don't wanna piss the mods off with another so I'll ask it in here.

Bale or Ronaldo?

Don't know why but I reckon we could sign Bale a whole lot easier than we think. I reckon Spurs know its inevitable they will lose him sooner or later and they're only one injury off losing a massive (sorry) amount of money if the worst was to happen. His stock may well be as high next year but is it a gamble they're willing to risk. I think we could easily put a package together to tempt them, weren't they rumoured to be interested in Dzeko at one point?

leewill31 said:
Ray78 said:
Blue2112 said:

Bale or Ronaldo?

One hand Levy is very awkward to deal with the Berbatov sale being one example , but we did sell them Adebayor without minimum of fuss and providing we meet their valuation then it would be a little less stress free imho.

Stoned Rose said:
The way Eastlandsblue words his post sounds to me like he actually works at City.

I genuinely think Bale is one of only 3 signings that would officially 'please' this forum.

It'd be a fucking whopper of a catch.

To refer to John MacBeath simply as John is a little strange given that most fans would not be able to place him just by his first name - does suggest a degree of familiarity.

The speed with which we got rid of Tevez still surprises me a little - almost like we were clearing the decks for something. We'll see.

andrewmswift said:
Ric said:
The announcement is tomorrow, but is probably not what people were expecting (certainly judging by this thread anyway!).

not saying this is related at all, but ...

(taken from the big july announcement thread on BM forum)

Ha, I can assure you it's not related. I suspect there will be a few people disappointed tomorrow.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.