Gareth Bale

JoeMercer'sWay said:
de niro said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
it isn't...I don't get anyone's frigging problem about Fernandinho and Navas with more to come when neither Chelsea, United, Arsenal nor Spurs have confirmed anybody at the moment.

It's like a bunch of toddlers "me want and me want now", it's utterly ignorant and stupid.

i'll tell you whats ignorant and stupid, sitting on our hands and not getting what me wants and wants it now and allowing the other clubs to cash in on that ignorance and stupity by buying the players we've swerved and go and win the league etc.
now that's fucking stupid.

Well none of the other big 4 clubs have bought anybody, let alone any of our targets.

Real Madrid will buy Isco only because they are a) a bigger club b) based in the same country as the player and c) because they're going to pay Isco's dad a truly ridiculous fee.

Real Madrid may get away with paying that, if we did we'd be held to ransom like we were a couple of years back on every deal. We don't yet have the reputation and power that the elite clubs do, it takes some years of sustained success and evident progress domestically and in Europe to achieve that.

Just sounds like you're scared because of what rumouredly happened over Van Persie last season and to be honest it's stupid, because you can't sign everyone, you can't sign every top star, you don't guarantee winning everything by buying the stars and there are a lot more reasons as to why we didn't deliver last season that Van Persie doesn't answer.

We won't let agents and family friends bully us with stupid fees, if players want to come they'll come on fair terms, and we'll build a top quality squad, it won't necessarily have all the star players you want to make you feel better but we'll play good football and we'll do well and with that comes agents and other clubs not messing around in deals because they don't want to lose out and look bad to their clients. The effect is already to be seen with the way our new guys do business and this window is promising, the way our club is being run and managed is already streets ahead from last summer and it is setting us up to be an elite club in a very short time frame. A really good season with a strong, yet maybe not star studded, squad will put us into a position where we can buy a star a summer if we feel we want to or need to whilst blooding the youth.

I would have thought you of all people could have grasped the bigger picture.

we need to catch up mate. and rapid.

de niro said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
de niro said:
i'll tell you whats ignorant and stupid, sitting on our hands and not getting what me wants and wants it now and allowing the other clubs to cash in on that ignorance and stupity by buying the players we've swerved and go and win the league etc.

Well none of the other big 4 clubs have bought anybody, let alone any of our targets.

Real Madrid will buy Isco only because they are a) a bigger club b) based in the same country as the player and c) because they're going to pay Isco's dad a truly ridiculous fee.

Real Madrid may get away with paying that, if we did we'd be held to ransom like we were a couple of years back on every deal. We don't yet have the reputation and power that the elite clubs do, it takes some years of sustained success and evident progress domestically and in Europe to achieve that.

Just sounds like you're scared because of what rumouredly happened over Van Persie last season and to be honest it's stupid, because you can't sign everyone, you can't sign every top star, you don't guarantee winning everything by buying the stars and there are a lot more reasons as to why we didn't deliver last season that Van Persie doesn't answer.

We won't let agents and family friends bully us with stupid fees, if players want to come they'll come on fair terms, and we'll build a top quality squad, it won't necessarily have all the star players you want to make you feel better but we'll play good football and we'll do well and with that comes agents and other clubs not messing around in deals because they don't want to lose out and look bad to their clients. The effect is already to be seen with the way our new guys do business and this window is promising, the way our club is being run and managed is already streets ahead from last summer and it is setting us up to be an elite club in a very short time frame. A really good season with a strong, yet maybe not star studded, squad will put us into a position where we can buy a star a summer if we feel we want to or need to whilst blooding the youth.

we are doing.

dancity19 said:
Can I just confirm this is what has happened today:

Tolmie made comments about Bales price this morning
A guy-eastlands blue- with no previous posts suggests 'cheeky and john' are working on a major coup
Some Twitter geeks are saying we are interested in Bale- probably the same ones who said Isco was ours.

It just seems people are getting semi-excited over Bale, and was wondering if I had missed anything!!?

Pretty much.

The eastlandsblue thing is a little interesting since he has been a member of BM since 2006.

If you like conspiracies you can also add the "maybe this is why we let Isco go so easily" meme.

And...to make sure that you really are on the right page...it could be Ronaldo.

Bottom line we are definitely getting one of them. Maybe.

de niro said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
de niro said:

Another bad transfer window(3rd) has us looking at 4th a good one has us looking at first, simple as.

dancity19 said:

A guy-eastlands blue- with no previous posts suggests 'cheeky and john' are working on a major coup
Some Twitter geeks are saying we are interested in Bale- probably the same ones who said Isco was ours.

It just seems people are getting semi-excited over Bale, and was wondering if I had missed anything!!?

People slag fellow fans re Isco going Madrid but he was ours & was/is keen to sign... Until his dad decided he wanted £10m as a bonus. We said no, Real said yes. It's as simple as that. No one was wrong as he was ours but as with any business transaction, it can change right up to the very last second as this one did.
With regards to Bale the first to report it today was a twitter account that turned out to be none other than an old BM poster, Spursmad. He's 100% adamant that we have spoken to their chairman & Bales representatives. I'm not so sure myself & can't really see him coming to us. He's allegedly made it clear he wants Real if he was to move but I could see Utd being ahead of us for his signature if I'm honest & I think he'd go their over joining us.
Our problem is we don't want, or the owner doesn't agree with paying third parties £m's in fees & I think he's right. It doesn't matter what his personal worth is, it's not him officially paying, it's the club & due to FFP we now have to justify our incomings & outgoings, it's not a case of not affording it but more justifying it to Uefa. No one in their right mind says "oh you want £50m+ & his agent wants £xm? Yeh no problem" like the Cavani situation. It doesn't make good business sense at all.

andyhinch said:
de niro said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:

Another bad transfer window(3rd) has us looking at 4th a good one has us looking at first, simple as.

don't think this squad will finish 4th Andy but we need to strengthen and quickly.

not my fault! said:
dancity19 said:

People slag fellow fans re Isco going Madrid but he was ours & was/is keen to sign... Until his dad decided he wanted £10m as a bonus. We said no, Real said yes. It's as simple as that. No one was wrong as he was ours but as with any business transaction, it can change right up to the very last second as this one did.
With regards to Bale the first to report it today was a twitter account that turned out to be none other than an old BM poster, Spursmad. He's 100% adamant that we have spoken to their chairman & Bales representatives. I'm not so sure myself & can't really see him coming to us. He's allegedly made it clear he wants Real if he was to move but I could see Utd being ahead of us for his signature if I'm honest & I think he'd go their over joining us.
Our problem is we don't want, or the owner doesn't agree with paying third parties £m's in fees & I think he's right. It doesn't matter what his personal worth is, it's not him officially paying, it's the club & due to FFP we now have to justify our incomings & outgoings, it's not a case of not affording it but more justifying it to Uefa. No one in their right mind says "oh you want £50m+ & his agent wants £xm? Yeh no problem" like the Cavani situation. It doesn't make good business sense at all.

I wasn't having a go at other fans re Isco mate- I thought he was coming. I am talking about the twitter accounts such as Football Watch and this Hugo guy who is often quoted- they also said Isco was coming. But anyway....

What is the twitter account that was Spursmad? The way Txiki and Sorriano have worked in the past is to build the team around a star name. Ronaldo has made his name already- Bale half has with Spurs, but a title challenging and Champions League team could really propel him. I think it would be a brilliant buy.

de niro said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
samharris said:
I know excactly what you mean Bill,, Its like them wankers who win the fucking Euromillions and then they buy their council house..

it isn't...I don't get anyone's frigging problem about Fernandinho and Navas with more to come when neither Chelsea, United, Arsenal nor Spurs have confirmed anybody at the moment.

It's like a bunch of toddlers "me want and me want now", it's utterly ignorant and stupid.

Chill yer boots de niro ..........you're starting to sound like a JCL. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.