Gareth Bale

What a signing it would be for them. It would instantly make them clear title favs. IF Bale goes to the swamp and IF Rooney goes to Chelsea I reckon we will finish 3rd next season but we will run them both close.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:52 pm --<br /><br />
wrongun73 said:
woolleyback blue said:
wrongun73 said:
the for years to come maybe a bit far but imo if they were to sign bale (not that far fetched if they sell rooney) they would walk the league again just like they did with the addition of van rapist last year

Really?? If it was that simple we might as well give them the title the moment they sign him then.
its only my opinion mate, if you look at what he did for spurs last season and providing he stays fit and in form, if he signed for the rags, chelsea or us that club would piss it...just adding 1 world class player like bale to an already title winning squad would make it very hard to keep up, but like i say its only my opinion

Careful pal,giving your opinion in any way that isn't positive is a major no no on here.

blue underpants said:
mancboy said:
inchy14 said:
Should change his name to brown underpants.............

Real madrid have ronaldo probably the 2nd best player in the world and they didnt win the league last year, my god he is a good player but he isnt a world beater ive seen him shut down in plenty of games.
I know what you are saying but dont underestimate Bale, he destroyed us at WHLane

No he did not... he was anonymous until he scored....

It'll make them stronger that's for sure but they certainly won't 'walk it' and I still think we would win it . They're still very iffy at the back and that central midfield isn't great . I think we're a lot stronger throughout the squad .

To be honest, I think they'll try their hardest to get moyes straight into winning ways so may sign a big player and 'go for it'. If they won fook all this comin season moyes will start Feeling the pressure .

BlueHalli said:
It'll make them stronger that's for sure but they certainly won't 'walk it' and I still think we would win it . They're still very iffy at the back and that central midfield isn't great . I think we're a lot stronger throughout the squad .

To be honest, I think they'll try their hardest to get moyes straight into winning ways so may sign a big player and 'go for it'. If they won fook all this comin season moyes will start Feeling the pressure .

They were shaky at the back last year and has the same problems with their midfield. One player pretty much won it for them. RVP and Bale together and you can't look past United

Friend of mine knows Phil Neville very well.

It's Bale that Woodward has flown home for.

They are also willing to pay up to £45m for Fabregas.

They are not past approaches with Garay.

They are nowhere near with Ronaldo.

Chelsea offered £28m for Rooney, and they are considering bids from both Arsenal and Chelsea currently, slightly higher.

Stretfordian_Blue said:

Chelsea offered £28m for Rooney, and they are considering bids from both Arsenal and Chelsea currently, slightly higher.

Thats all well and Im sure its getting some hot under the collar,but wasnt it lack of money that led the Alchy to call time??

wrongun73 said:
woolleyback blue said:
wrongun73 said:
the for years to come maybe a bit far but imo if they were to sign bale (not that far fetched if they sell rooney) they would walk the league again just like they did with the addition of van rapist last year

Really?? If it was that simple we might as well give them the title the moment they sign him then.
its only my opinion mate, if you look at what he did for spurs last season and providing he stays fit and in form, if he signed for the rags, chelsea or us that club would piss it...just adding 1 world class player like bale to an already title winning squad would make it very hard to keep up, but like i say its only my opinion

No problem with opinions or expressing them but I do like a bit of an explanation based on some logical thought too.

I'll give you my reasoning why I don't agree.

Bale is a very good player going forward, like I said in a previous post he's well suited to a counter attacking team like the rags but if you take a look at the title winning squad ( I believe they won it by default because City and Chelsea effectively shot themselves in the foot) then I don't believe Bale is the solution to their problems. The have more needs in defensive midfield and defence that £60 mill could be better spent on.

If just buying Bale would guarantee the title then why haven't we done it ( or Chelski) after all we will have spent far more than £60mill by the time the window closes. Obviously the people who run out club aren't as sure as you are. Real have expressed an interest but even they are not busting a gut to get him.

I actually hope he does go to the rags and they get rid of Rooney as well because I think they'll miss Rooney more than any benefit they will acrue from Bale.

Stretfordian_Blue said:

Sports journo on TS before reckons they have no chance of Bale, and it's all made up stuff from the press. He did say that he believes the CEO is flying back to conclude the Baines deal.

Pigeonho said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Sports journo on TS before reckons they have no chance of Bale, and it's all made up stuff from the press. He did say that he believes the CEO is flying back to conclude the Baines deal.

I can hear the murmours of discontent starting...
Thiago..no
Fartygas..no
Tranny..no
Lewandowski..no
Baines............probably yes.
Bale..no

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.