Gareth Bale

Pigeonho said:
BigOscar said:
Didn't Levy reject £50m for Modric from Chelsea, just to prove that he meant what he said when he said he wasn't for sale? He ended up selling him for half that to Real a year later, but he proved his point. If Levy says Bale won't be sold this summer, he means it. If he was for sale at any price, Real would have bought him (they spent £35m on Illaremendi ffs, clearly money isn't that tight)
I bet the Spurs fans were chuffed to bits he proved his point to the tune of £25m. They also said the same about Berbatov though, that he wouldn't be sold and i'm sure one or two others because that is what Levy had a bit of a rep for a few seasons ago, saying a player wouldn't be sold but then selling him anyway, (unless i've got that completely wrong, for which I apologise if that's the case).

To be fair to Levy he had a reputation for strengthening Spurs' rivals just to make a few quid and that's why he wouldn't sell Modric to Chelsea. He didn't lose 25 million on the deal think it was a lot less than that but he didn't strengthen Chelsea which was obviously his priority. Berbatov was a long time ago now and I just don't think he would sell Bale to united these days unless the player literally refused to go anywhere else but even then I think he'd just hang on to him. He's on a long contract I think.

If you're AVB and Levy, you'd be looking at the prem and wondering which team is most likely to drop out of the top 4.

At the moment, City and Chelsea don't look like they'll be going anywhere soon with both clubs finances and relatively young squads, so that leaves Arsenal and now united with all the turmoil going on with Fergie departing, Rooney following and an aging squad.

So it would make no sense whatsoever to seel to them when realistically they are in direct competion with spurs for 3-5 places.

I know some will say i've typed this with blue tinted glasses on but i genuinely believe us and Chelsea will be 8 points clear of them at least.

mancboy said:
inchy14 said:
BlueHalli said:
Stop it ..

Should change his name to brown underpants.............

Real madrid have ronaldo probably the 2nd best player in the world and they didnt win the league last year, my god he is a good player but he isnt a world beater ive seen him shut down in plenty of games.
I know what you are saying but dont underestimate Bale, he destroyed us at WHLane

BigOscar said:
Didn't Levy reject £50m for Modric from Chelsea, just to prove that he meant what he said when he said he wasn't for sale? He ended up selling him for half that to Real a year later, but he proved his point. If Levy says Bale won't be sold this summer, he means it. If he was for sale at any price, Real would have bought him (they spent £35m on Illaremendi ffs, clearly money isn't that tight)
Spurs learnt a lot when they sold Campbell to Arsenal. Since then i can't think of them selling their good players to any rivals.<br /><br />-- Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:32 am --<br /><br />
cityfan41 said:
The press are literally begging them to sign someone aren't they. It's
fucking pathetic.
Do you know what 'literally' means?

Are you Jamie Redknapp?

Caveman said:
BigOscar said:
Spurs learnt a lot when they sold Campbell to Arsenal. Since then i can't think of them selling their good players to any rivals.

-- Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:32 am --

cityfan41 said:
The press are literally begging them to sign someone aren't they. It's
fucking pathetic.
Do you know what 'literally' means?

Are you Jamie Redknapp?

Didn't Sol Campbell join Arsenal on a free through the Bosman ruling?

inchy14 said:
If you're AVB and Levy, you'd be looking at the prem and wondering which team is most likely to drop out of the top 4.

At the moment, City and Chelsea don't look like they'll be going anywhere soon with both clubs finances and relatively young squads, so that leaves Arsenal and now united with all the turmoil going on with Fergie departing, Rooney following and an aging squad.

So it would make no sense whatsoever to seel to them when realistically they are in direct competion with spurs for 3-5 places.

I know some will say i've typed this with blue tinted glasses on but i genuinely believe us and Chelsea will be 8 points clear of them at least.

Good way to look at it but it leads me to a different conclusion :-).

This year there are no clear favourites. I think it's very unlikely that the top 3 aren't the last top 3. Spurs would be crazy to risk selling Bale to anyone in the top 3 and crazier still to sell to anyone just outside it. So really it's only RM, PSG or Monaco. RM are the only ones I think Bale would go to so that leaves Spurs in a tough bargaining position. I wonder if they are manufacturing a situation to scare RM into moving faster and with less haggling. So Bale goes to RM.

Or

If RM aren't moving and Spurs badly need strikers perhaps the only remaining option is to sell to a top 3 club (despite the risk), especially if one offers Rooney, Dzeko or Lukaku as a deal sweetener. So despite the above he ends up at United.

I hope he stays put.

inchy14 said:
BlueHalli said:
blue underpants said:
This could happen i wouldnt put it past the tw***, if it does we need to stop fannying about and put a serious bid in for either Rooney or Suarez or push the boat out and go for Ronaldo
If the rags get Bale they will win the league again for years to come(spit)

Stop it ..

the for years to come maybe a bit far but imo if they were to sign bale (not that far fetched if they sell rooney) they would walk the league again just like they did with the addition of van rapist last year

wrongun73 said:
inchy14 said:
BlueHalli said:
Stop it ..

the for years to come maybe a bit far but imo if they were to sign bale (not that far fetched if they sell rooney) they would walk the league again just like they did with the addition of van rapist last year

Really?? If it was that simple we might as well give them the title the moment they sign him then.

BringBackSwales said:
Ed Woodward is coming back for 3 things:-

1. To sell Rooney

2. To make it look like they are after a big name player

3. To help in their call centre to cold call people to buy season tickets

Theres laws agains cold calling.. OFtel should throw the book at them.. :)

woolleyback blue said:
wrongun73 said:
inchy14 said:

Really?? If it was that simple we might as well give them the title the moment they sign him then.
its only my opinion mate, if you look at what he did for spurs last season and providing he stays fit and in form, if he signed for the rags, chelsea or us that club would piss it...just adding 1 world class player like bale to an already title winning squad would make it very hard to keep up, but like i say its only my opinion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.