Gareth Bale

Pigeonho said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:
Friend of mine knows Phil Neville very well.

It's Bale that Woodward has flown home for.

They are also willing to pay up to £45m for Fabregas.

They are not past approaches with Garay.

They are nowhere near with Ronaldo.

Chelsea offered £28m for Rooney, and they are considering bids from both Arsenal and Chelsea currently, slightly higher.
Sports journo on TS before reckons they have no chance of Bale, and it's all made up stuff from the press. He did say that he believes the CEO is flying back to conclude the Baines deal.

Everton are on the verge of signing a left-back from Spain I think (closing in, anyone?) so that would make sense.

samharris said:
Pigeonho said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Chelsea offered £28m for Rooney, and they are considering bids from both Arsenal and Chelsea currently, slightly higher.
Sports journo on TS before reckons they have no chance of Bale, and it's all made up stuff from the press. He did say that he believes the CEO is flying back to conclude the Baines deal.

I can hear the murmours of discontent starting...
Thiago..no
Fartygas..no
Tranny..no
Lewandowski..no
Baines............probably yes.
Sounds like all the spoilt babies on here!

Solihull Samba Boys said:
Pigeonho said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

Everton are on the verge of signing a left-back from Spain I think (closing in, anyone?) so that would make sense.

They are after the guy I suggested could be a good replacement for Kolarov - Guilherme Siqueira. He's a very useful left-back who has been linked with United and Barca in the past.

Stretfordian_Blue said:

I'm sure United will be delighted with Phil for blabbing their upper limit on Fabregas - just email that to Sandro Rossell, and he'll know that their current bid, and any submitted with aren't £45 million, are a complete waste of time and should be ingnored. Don't even bother to start talking til they get to £45m.

Well done Phil - that's how to go about doing business - let your counterpart know exactly how much you're willing to pay before you offer it. You're a sharp operator, aren't you!

I'm sorry mate - I call bullshit - not necessarily on you, but certainly on the information contained in this post. I just can't see Neville giving that kind of information out, unless he's even more stupid than he looks. Which is a possibility, I suppose!

Pigeonho said:
samharris said:
Pigeonho said:

I can hear the murmours of discontent starting...
Thiago..no
Fartygas..no
Tranny..no
Lewandowski..no
Baines............probably yes.
Sounds like all the spoilt babies on here!

Blimey..didnt think of that.. Off to the Jovetic thread it is then ;)

Optimus Prime said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

I'm sure United will be delighted with Phil for blabbing their upper limit on Fabregas - just email that to Sandro Rossell, and he'll know that their current bid, and any submitted with aren't £45 million, are a complete waste of time and should be ingnored. Don't even bother to start talking til they get to £45m.

Well done Phil - that's how to go about doing business - let your counterpart know exactly how much you're willing to pay before you offer it. You're a sharp operator, aren't you!

I'm sorry mate - I call bullshit - not necessarily on you, but certainly on the information contained in this post. I just can't see Neville giving that kind of information out, unless he's even more stupid than he looks. Which is a possibility, I suppose!
I find the thought of Phil Neville even being involved in the transfer process pretty unlikely aswell tbh, I can't see why he'd be in the loop at all

Tom_mcfc said:
BlueHalli said:
It'll make them stronger that's for sure but they certainly won't 'walk it' and I still think we would win it . They're still very iffy at the back and that central midfield isn't great . I think we're a lot stronger throughout the squad .

To be honest, I think they'll try their hardest to get moyes straight into winning ways so may sign a big player and 'go for it'. If they won fook all this comin season moyes will start Feeling the pressure .

They were shaky at the back last year and has the same problems with their midfield. One player pretty much won it for them. RVP and Bale together and you can't look past United
I'm not lookin past them but I feel ourselves and Chelsea massively contributed to them winnin the league . We had a weak season and should have done better .

Sayin that, we'll prob see sides roll over for them like usual and make it easy for them to keep pace .

BigOscar said:
Optimus Prime said:
Stretfordian_Blue said:

I find the thought of Phil Neville even being involved in the transfer process pretty unlikely aswell tbh, I can't see why he'd be in the loop at all

Surely Phil Neville would have mentioned Baines in that piece??

samharris said:
BigOscar said:
Optimus Prime said:

Surely Phil Neville would have mentioned Baines in that piece??
Moyes has given a list of players to the United execs.

He's discussed who he wants to sign with Neville and has then sent off this list.

He's not in control of fees or getting his first choice, he'll get who is signed off his list.

What's been reported back to Moyes is that they will not pay over the odds for Fabregas, which Neville believes to be about £45m, as they believe they can get Fellaini a lot cheaper.

Bale is going to cost over £50m, and as they were getting nowhere with Ronaldo opened serious talks.

This is why Woodward has now flown over, they have not placed a bid but are discussing with Spurs' representatives.

I was also surprised my mate was not told anything about Baines, but I assume Phil must have an ounce of sense as it is more than likely at a delicate stage in negotiations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.