Gareth Bale

Does anyone else get the impression that United are on the verge of an implosion this coming season? I do believe that they are looking for a marque signing, but just don't have funds or are getting rejected(Thiago/Strootman).

I can see them ending up 3rd or 4th in the league, and then will spend big next summer.

SkyBlueUSA said:
Does anyone else get the impression that United are on the verge of an implosion this coming season? I do believe that they are looking for a marque signing, but just don't have funds or are getting rejected(Thiago/Strootman).

I can see them ending up 3rd or 4th in the league, and then will spend big next summer.
Neither of those would've been marquee signings. United will buy, but whether they buy better than we have is under question, I mean who is there really?
It would be foolish to write them off though to be honest. They will be up there, though it would be piss funny to see them 5th or below.

I keep pondering that billboard in New York of him advertising the Prem games on TV....

Putting 2 and 2 together, he's not a worldwide name so is he on there as he's coming to us to excite our franchise fans?

Probably bollox but just a thought especially seeing how bad Sinclair was last night he's not even a squad player.

blue b4 the moon said:
I keep pondering that billboard in New York of him advertising the Prem games on TV....

Putting 2 and 2 together, he's not a worldwide name so is he on there as he's coming to us to excite our franchise fans?

Probably bollox but just a thought especially seeing how bad Sinclair was last night he's not even a squad player.

I agree, Sinclair was very poor, and was given the full 90 minutes too, it's just a pity Pellegrini wasn't there to see it. Kolarov kept trying his trademark "chop" and gave away the first goal too, another one that needs to leave. The defence looked pretty steady in the centre though, but the lack of pace apart from Vinny does stand out a mile. Nastasic isn't especially quick, but he is intelligent enough to know were he should position himself to deal with attacking threats. As for Garcia and Lescott, they looked steady enough, but I wouldn't like to go into a Champions League game with both of them in defence.

blue b4 the moon said:

He is.

Pigeonho said:
SkyBlueUSA said:

Neither of those would've been marquee signings. United will buy, but whether they buy better than we have is under question, I mean who is there really?
It would be foolish to write them off though to be honest. They will be up there, though it would be piss funny to see them 5th or below.

You can never write them off, but this is the first year i have a feeling they could possibly finish 3rd or even worse... It's great fun watching the goings on at the Swamp now, and other clubs can see it too and seem to be strengthening accordingly...

Wouldn't be too surprised if they won it, but also wouldn't be too surprised if they finished 5th. Can't wait for this season to start!!!

Caveman said:
blue b4 the moon said:

He is.

Not accoring to whatever radio show I was listening to where they were interviewing the American public and some 'expert' marketing people.

blue b4 the moon said:

Yeah I reckon Bale's on NY times square to excite your American fans, good shout.

Seriously?!?!

If he leaves this summer, I'd genuinely bet my life on it to being an overseas club. Unless your planning on offering 100m+ we'll be able to get upwards of 60m from Real Madrid for a start.

Why would Levy sell to a rival club for less money?

And why would Bale suddenly ditch the dream of playing abroad with the challenge of adapting to a new league, as well as experiencing a new culture to instead move to Manchester; Having to uproot his family including a very young daughter when he actually seems to be quite settled and enjoying himself at his current club despite how desperately the media want it to be otherwise.

spurspinter1 said:
blue b4 the moon said:

Yeah I reckon Bale's on NY times square to excite your American fans, good shout.

Seriously?!?!

If he leaves this summer, I'd genuinely bet my life on it to being an overseas club. Unless your planning on offering 100m+ we'll be able to get upwards of 60m from Real Madrid for a start.

And why would Bale suddenly ditch the dream of playing abroad with the challenge of adapting to a new league, as well as experiencing a new culture to instead move to Manchester; Having to uproot his family including a very young daughter when he actually seems to be quite settled and enjoying himself at his current club despite how desperately the media want it to be otherwise.

No i mean you're right why would he put himself in a position where he is actually udner pressure to perform and win things on more money when he can be adored and finish fifth i mean isnt that what every single player wants to live in london and be at the third best london club what a great ambition.

Now im sorry to be condescending but to be fair you started it.

mancboy said:
spurspinter1 said:
blue b4 the moon said:

Seriously?!?!

No i mean you're right why would he put himself in a position where he is actually udner pressure to perform and win things on more money when he can be adored and finish fifth i mean isnt that what every single player wants to live in london and be at the third best london club what a great ambition.

Now im sorry to be condescending but to be fair you started it.
Ouch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.