Gareth Bale

Jimfv1 said:
blue b4 the moon said:
I keep pondering that billboard in New York of him advertising the Prem games on TV....

Putting 2 and 2 together, he's not a worldwide name so is he on there as he's coming to us to excite our franchise fans?

Probably bollox but just a thought especially seeing how bad Sinclair was last night he's not even a squad player.

I agree, Sinclair was very poor, and was given the full 90 minutes too, it's just a pity Pellegrini wasn't there to see it. Kolarov kept trying his trademark "chop" and gave away the first goal too, another one that needs to leave. The defence looked pretty steady in the centre though, but the lack of pace apart from Vinny does stand out a mile. Nastasic isn't especially quick, but he is intelligent enough to know were he should position himself to deal with attacking threats. As for Garcia and Lescott, they looked steady enough, but I wouldn't like to go into a Champions League game with both of them in defence.

He kept pace with Ronaldo in the 1-1 at our place so he's certainly no slouch.

mancboy said:
spurspinter1 said:
blue b4 the moon said:
I keep pondering that billboard in New York of him advertising the Prem games on TV....

Putting 2 and 2 together, he's not a worldwide name so is he on there as he's coming to us to excite our franchise fans?

Probably bollox but just a thought especially seeing how bad Sinclair was last night he's not even a squad player.

Yeah I reckon Bale's on NY times square to excite your American fans, good shout.

Seriously?!?!

If he leaves this summer, I'd genuinely bet my life on it to being an overseas club. Unless your planning on offering 100m+ we'll be able to get upwards of 60m from Real Madrid for a start.

Why would Levy sell to a rival club for less money?

And why would Bale suddenly ditch the dream of playing abroad with the challenge of adapting to a new league, as well as experiencing a new culture to instead move to Manchester; Having to uproot his family including a very young daughter when he actually seems to be quite settled and enjoying himself at his current club despite how desperately the media want it to be otherwise.

No i mean you're right why would he put himself in a position where he is actually udner pressure to perform and win things on more money when he can be adored and finish fifth i mean isnt that what every single player wants to live in london and be at the third best london club what a great ambition.

Now im sorry to be condescending but to be fair you started it.

It's like you haven't even read my post. But yeah good one, certainly put me in my place!

Good luck in your pursuit of Bale. It's going to take over 100m and also convincing him to join yourselves over Real Madrid.

I think United are trying to be too clever for their own good here.

Sure, they would take Bale, but the price is too rich for their blood, it does not make commercial sense for them.

They know Madrid and their fans are fixed on Bale for next summer, and this interest from United in Bale just smacks of smoke.

If United can establish a ceiling price and push Madrid into a hasty transaction they have not budgeted for this summer, they will hope it opens up Ronaldo.

Madrid would prefer to keep Ronaldo, at least for another season, but by spending £70m on Bale, they would surely need to recoup money, and fast.

That's when I expect United to come and low ball for £60m for Ronaldo.

United are all about the bullshit romantic narrative. Ronaldo is an immediate commercial payback for those bastards, and moving Rooney £250k a week of the wages gets them a long way there.

Keep him , enjoy 5th again next year, its laughable how good the rpess have made himm look ronaldo scored 40 plus goals playing in his position for united, messi scored 50 or more the last 2 seasons playing in his position and you recogn hes worth a 100m, do me a favour in levys mind he may be worth a 100m in the eyes of anyone sane he is worth 50m and thats only because the market is inflated, do you genuinely think that spurs are such a pull that if united or real madrid or any european giant went after him that he wouldnt go?

Look I know in your mind he is the best player in the world but the facts are these pal with him you finished fifth, wow go you thats how good he is, and if you genuinely think perez etc is scared of going up against levy then your further out of your mind than I thought you were. I dont think he will join us nor united , and yes he probably will join Real Madrid unless the pull of the mighty spurs and the europa cup and playing with dembele and paulinho is just 2 strong.

johnmc said:
So in a nutshell TH, you think Bale to Madrid and Ronaldo to the rags is a very real possiblity this summer

It's just a strategy I believe to be more plausible than United signing Bale.

Madrid and Spurs have a very close tie-up, so I would hope both of them would be alive to United's bluffing.

Which would only expose United's delusions of grandeur even further.

Levy is leaving it too late to approve business on Bale this window, in terms of Spurs' preparedness for their own season and expectations, top four, etc.

I suspect Bale will sign an improved wages deal in the next couple weeks, content in the knowledge Madrid will take him next summer.

I expect Madrid will also offer Ronaldo an improved deal, if nothing else, to keep his price high for next year, when United will come sniffing again.

United to end up with Fellaini and Baines!!

Ronaldo will end up at Monaco, taking home 100% of his image rights tax free

That's around £2 million take home pay per month

His agents in bed with the owner and Ronaldo himself was quoted as saying it's a great club

Del_Bosque said:

His agents in bed with the owner and Ronaldo himself was quoted as saying it's a great club

That's exactly what I'd do if I were him. Footballers careers are short. He may make a lot of money but I bet he's pretty good at spending it too.

Del_Bosque said:

For that kind of money, who could blame him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.