Gareth Bale

FantasyIreland said:
Yep,i think yaya is on the decline,is not always up for it and we could still command a decent fee while getting his absurd wages off the books.

Fellaini may not have Yaya's finesse or technical ability but,imo,he makes up for it in power and effort.I also think he would fit into the team unit better.

Yaya is the hub of the team and now is not the time to remove the hub: far more important to remove some spokes.

---------------Hart----------------
Zaba - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy
-----------Yaya - Milner------------
-------Silva - Aguero - Bale---------
--------------Dzeko----------------

If we sign Bale we will not be able to afford Cavani or Falcao as well people.
We have to think of financial fairplay and spending over 75m on 2 players is not the way to stay financially stable.
Bring in Bale and the goals will start flowing from Dzeko, even more than they have recently, that's all Dzeko needs: a quality winger with pace who can put in a good cross.

mgreenz97 said:

We have to think of financial fairplay and spending over 75m on 2 players is not the way to stay financially stable.
Bring in Bale and the goals will start flowing from Dzeko, even more than they have recently, that's all Dzeko needs: a quality winger with pace who can put in a good cross.

Replace Dzeko with Jovetic and we're sorted. I really think Milner can play this "deep lying playmaker" roll we need! Got an engine, good tackler, strong, good passing range, defensively sound etc.

Goo said:
mgreenz97 said:

Replace Dzeko with Jovetic and we're sorted. I really think Milner can play this "deep lying playmaker" roll we need! Got an engine, good tackler, strong, good passing range, defensively sound etc.

There's no need to replace Dzeko with Jovetic, is just an unnecessary change.
If we want a striker who can consistantly score goals, that's Dzeko (especially if he has a great winger supplying him crosses. with milner playing on the wing recently Dzeko has been scoring for fun, so having a proper winger with pace will only make him better.)
Dzeko with a winger will be a 20+ goal per season striker.

mgreenz97 said:

Throw in Fernandinho in central midfield to add some pace to the center and there you go. Seems like we will make one marquee signing this summer. Cavani is incredible but Bale would give us a goal threat from midfield, improve set-pieces, his crossing would help to break through the buses and he would bring out the best in Dzeko, making Cavani unnecessary.

NoahCity said:
mgreenz97 said:

Throw in Fernandinho in central midfield to add some pace to the center and there you go. Seems like we will make one marquee signing this summer. Cavani is incredible but Bale would give us a goal threat from midfield, improve set-pieces, his crossing would help to break through the buses and he would bring out the best in Dzeko, making Cavani unnecessary.
i am sick to death of people saying with a winger Dzeko will be a goal machine. He wont! I hope he leaves in the summer, not suited to our style of play and has the touch of a rapist.
If we sold for £20M, + the £24M (or whatever it was) for Balo, the net spend on cavani would be no more than £10M.
Taking into account the wages that will come off the books this summer e.g Bridge, Kolo, Cruz (maybe tevez) Kolarov, maicon etc then you will be saving SO much on wages per week.
I think we could afford Cavani + another marquee signing such as Bale.
I would like to see us sign a Centre Mid, Striker, Winger and a Centre Back.

Centre mid - Maybe someone like fernandinho or Paulinho, both got engines and would be the 'Work horse' of the team.

Striker - Only a couple of options for me Falcao or Cavani. The most clinical and prolific no9's in europe / the world.

Winger - this is a must! Someone like bale would be my dream signing but would cost £45M+. Di maria could be on his way out of RM to make room for Bale (if they go for him), £20M could tempt him away, and with Zaba, Aguero + maybe tevez being here then he shouldnt have too much problems settling in.

Centre back - Its a tough one, maybe N'Kolou (sp) from OM as hes gonna one of the best in a few years. Or Marqinho from roma, however neither have much experience so whoever is boss might want to bring in a 26/27 year old who has been in the game for a few years.

who i'd want / think will leave -
Bridge, Santa, Kolo (out of contract)
Maicon
Kolarov
Lescott
Garcia
Barry
Sinclair
Nasri
Dzeko
Tevez

Just from what i think they're on thats a saving of £1.25M a week!!!!

Just my thoughts anyway.

FantasyIreland said:
Yep,i think yaya is on the decline,is not always up for it and we could still command a decent fee while getting his absurd wages off the books.

Fellaini may not have Yaya's finesse or technical ability but,imo,he makes up for it in power and effort.I also think he would fit into the team unit better.
How would Fellaini complement Aguero, Nasri, Silva etc

He might well be a ggod player, but his game is based on aggression and power. And your comment that he would fit into the team unit better is wrong! He suits Everton, not MCFC

mgreenz97 said:

I disagree. As long as we keep the more important members of our existing squad, £75 M on two players of this quality works for me. Look what the twat RVP did for the rags. Or look at our spending over last summer, which amounted to £55 M without improving our squad, Nasty has been the only genuine success from last summer's window. Quality not quantity is what we need. And fuck FFP. PSG and the Chavs are ignoring it and we should find another nice big loophole and do likewise.

Pam said:
mgreenz97 said:

I disagree. As long as we keep the more important members of our existing squad, £75 M on two players of this quality works for me. Look what the twat RVP did for the rags. Or look at our spending over last summer, which amounted to £55 M without improving our squad, Nasty has been the only genuine success from last summer's window. Quality not quantity is what we need. And fuck FFP. PSG and the Chavs are ignoring it and we should find another nice big loophole and do likewise.

Spending 75m on two players when we have other places to improve and players who everyone wants out would be foolish, not to mention unnecessary.<br /><br />-- Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 am --<br /><br />
dillbi95 said:
NoahCity said:
mgreenz97 said:

i am sick to death of people saying with a winger Dzeko will be a goal machine. He wont! I hope he leaves in the summer, not suited to our style of play and has the touch of a rapist.
If we sold for £20M, + the £24M (or whatever it was) for Balo, the net spend on cavani would be no more than £10M.
Taking into account the wages that will come off the books this summer e.g Bridge, Kolo, Cruz (maybe tevez) Kolarov, maicon etc then you will be saving SO much on wages per week.
I think we could afford Cavani + another marquee signing such as Bale.
I would like to see us sign a Centre Mid, Striker, Winger and a Centre Back.

Centre mid - Maybe someone like fernandinho or Paulinho, both got engines and would be the 'Work horse' of the team.

Striker - Only a couple of options for me Falcao or Cavani. The most clinical and prolific no9's in europe / the world.

Winger - this is a must! Someone like bale would be my dream signing but would cost £45M+. Di maria could be on his way out of RM to make room for Bale (if they go for him), £20M could tempt him away, and with Zaba, Aguero + maybe tevez being here then he shouldnt have too much problems settling in.

Centre back - Its a tough one, maybe N'Kolou (sp) from OM as hes gonna one of the best in a few years. Or Marqinho from roma, however neither have much experience so whoever is boss might want to bring in a 26/27 year old who has been in the game for a few years.

who i'd want / think will leave -
Bridge, Santa, Kolo (out of contract)
Maicon
Kolarov
Lescott
Garcia
Barry
Sinclair
Nasri
Dzeko
Tevez

Just from what i think they're on thats a saving of £1.25M a week!!!!

Just my thoughts anyway.

yeah that'll be fun when we start the season with a 10 point deduction and UEFA won't let us play CL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.