mgreenz97 said:
Pam said:
mgreenz97 said:
---------------Hart----------------
Zaba - Kompany - Nastasic - Clichy
-----------Yaya - Milner------------
-------Silva - Aguero - Bale---------
--------------Dzeko----------------

If we sign Bale we will not be able to afford Cavani or Falcao as well people.
We have to think of financial fairplay and spending over 75m on 2 players is not the way to stay financially stable.

I disagree. As long as we keep the more important members of our existing squad, £75 M on two players of this quality works for me. Look what the twat RVP did for the rags. Or look at our spending over last summer, which amounted to £55 M without improving our squad, Nasty has been the only genuine success from last summer's window. Quality not quantity is what we need. And fuck FFP. PSG and the Chavs are ignoring it and we should find another nice big loophole and do likewise.

Spending 75m on two players when we have other places to improve and players who everyone wants out would be foolish, not to mention unnecessary.

-- Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 am --

dillbi95 said:
NoahCity said:
Throw in Fernandinho in central midfield to add some pace to the center and there you go. Seems like we will make one marquee signing this summer. Cavani is incredible but Bale would give us a goal threat from midfield, improve set-pieces, his crossing would help to break through the buses and he would bring out the best in Dzeko, making Cavani unnecessary.
i am sick to death of people saying with a winger Dzeko will be a goal machine. He wont! I hope he leaves in the summer, not suited to our style of play and has the touch of a rapist.
If we sold for £20M, + the £24M (or whatever it was) for Balo, the net spend on cavani would be no more than £10M.
Taking into account the wages that will come off the books this summer e.g Bridge, Kolo, Cruz (maybe tevez) Kolarov, maicon etc then you will be saving SO much on wages per week.
I think we could afford Cavani + another marquee signing such as Bale.
I would like to see us sign a Centre Mid, Striker, Winger and a Centre Back.

Centre mid - Maybe someone like fernandinho or Paulinho, both got engines and would be the 'Work horse' of the team.

Striker - Only a couple of options for me Falcao or Cavani. The most clinical and prolific no9's in europe / the world.

Winger - this is a must! Someone like bale would be my dream signing but would cost £45M+. Di maria could be on his way out of RM to make room for Bale (if they go for him), £20M could tempt him away, and with Zaba, Aguero + maybe tevez being here then he shouldnt have too much problems settling in.

Centre back - Its a tough one, maybe N'Kolou (sp) from OM as hes gonna one of the best in a few years. Or Marqinho from roma, however neither have much experience so whoever is boss might want to bring in a 26/27 year old who has been in the game for a few years.

who i'd want / think will leave -
Bridge, Santa, Kolo (out of contract)
Maicon
Kolarov
Lescott
Garcia
Barry
Sinclair
Nasri
Dzeko
Tevez

Just from what i think they're on thats a saving of £1.25M a week!!!!

Just my thoughts anyway.

yeah that'll be fun when we start the season with a 10 point deduction and UEFA won't let us play CL.
Dont talk daft, Why would they ban us when we are selling and getting lots of money incoming? without just spending ££££ and not doing anything?<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:51 pm --<br /><br />From the rubbish you come out with it sounds like you think Dzeko is all of a sudden gonna turn into a goal machine and will make the diffference in the title race next year?
You dont want us to sign a top striker or a top winger?
is 2nd place all you want next year? because we wont win the league with the same squad we have now.

Your talking daft if you think it is at all possible for that many players to be leaving in one summer.

Sheikh is just going to bin most of the team after one "poor" season? come on.

dillbi95 said:
mgreenz97 said:
Pam said:
I disagree. As long as we keep the more important members of our existing squad, £75 M on two players of this quality works for me. Look what the twat RVP did for the rags. Or look at our spending over last summer, which amounted to £55 M without improving our squad, Nasty has been the only genuine success from last summer's window. Quality not quantity is what we need. And fuck FFP. PSG and the Chavs are ignoring it and we should find another nice big loophole and do likewise.

Spending 75m on two players when we have other places to improve and players who everyone wants out would be foolish, not to mention unnecessary.

dillbi95 said:
i am sick to death of people saying with a winger Dzeko will be a goal machine. He wont! I hope he leaves in the summer, not suited to our style of play and has the touch of a rapist.
If we sold for £20M, + the £24M (or whatever it was) for Balo, the net spend on cavani would be no more than £10M.
Taking into account the wages that will come off the books this summer e.g Bridge, Kolo, Cruz (maybe tevez) Kolarov, maicon etc then you will be saving SO much on wages per week.

Centre mid - Maybe someone like fernandinho or Paulinho, both got engines and would be the 'Work horse' of the team.

Striker - Only a couple of options for me Falcao or Cavani. The most clinical and prolific no9's in europe / the world.

Winger - this is a must! Someone like bale would be my dream signing but would cost £45M+. Di maria could be on his way out of RM to make room for Bale (if they go for him), £20M could tempt him away, and with Zaba, Aguero + maybe tevez being here then he shouldnt have too much problems settling in.

Centre back - Its a tough one, maybe N'Kolou (sp) from OM as hes gonna one of the best in a few years. Or Marqinho from roma, however neither have much experience so whoever is boss might want to bring in a 26/27 year old who has been in the game for a few years.

Maicon
Kolarov
Lescott
Garcia
Barry
Sinclair
Nasri
Dzeko
Tevez

Just my thoughts anyway.

yeah that'll be fun when we start the season with a 10 point deduction and UEFA won't let us play CL.
Dont talk daft, Why would they ban us when we are selling and getting lots of money incoming? without just spending ££££ and not doing anything?
no way would we be able to afford that. And, although we would be getting a few very good players, our squad depth would be very bad. With your sales, we would have one LB, 2 RBs, 3 CBs and just three attacking midfielders/wingers; Bale, Silva and Milner.

greasedupdeafguy said:
malg said:
I would be really interested in a Spurs' fans opinion of him. Let's be honest, everyone on here gets their opinion of Bale from the media, and watching him on Sky. At the minute the whole of the English media believe Bale is the next Messi/Ronaldo, so you'll never get an honest opinion of him.

Therefore, what does an honest, matchday going Spurs fan think of him? Must be someone on here who can answer that.
What do you think? He is by far their best player so I presume they adore him.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/player-chat/16002-gareth-bale-18.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.tottenhamhotspurs.tv/player- ... le-18.html</a>

It seems they do....

-- Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:35 pm --

cordonbleu said:
Albi10 said:
Gareth Bale is pure class and would improve ANY team in the world. Tottenham are the most overated team in the league. I think AVB has done a great job with what he has at his disposal. Apart from Bale NONE of Tottenhams players would get in City or Uniteds first team. If you had Tottenhams strikers to aim crosses at you may struggle for assists and as they have played one up front or even him upfront he has taken responsibility.

He is a good player and may improve any team. But, he is not a Real Madrid standard. Besides after being forced to pay exorbitant transfer fees for Modric who is clearly rather mediocre in Spain, Perez is not interested in getting any player playing for Spurs. It looks like he does not like Levy's method of business.
Of course he is

One assist as a winger?
It's a stunning record even if his team mates were dead awful.
With that record no big club wants a player who can only thrive in taking a totally free role.

dillbi95 said:
mgreenz97 said:
Pam said:

dillbi95 said:

Maicon
Kolarov
Lescott
Garcia
Barry
Sinclair
Nasri
Dzeko
Tevez

Just my thoughts anyway.

Dont talk daft, Why would they ban us when we are selling and getting lots of money incoming? without just spending ££££ and not doing anything?

-- Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:51 pm --

From the rubbish you come out with it sounds like you think Dzeko is all of a sudden gonna turn into a goal machine and will make the diffference in the title race next year?
is 2nd place all you want next year? because we wont win the league with the same squad we have now.

I'm saying we should sign one or the other. Can you read?
I think that a winger is more important, as Dzeko will score far more goals next season with a winger. Since Milner has been playing as a winger Dzeko has been scoring far more goals. If we were to sign a real winger with pace then he would only score more than he has been.
Have you noticed that Dzeko scores a lot more when we play a winger instead of Nasri?

mgreenz97 said:
dillbi95 said:
mgreenz97 said:

-- Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:51 pm --

From the rubbish you come out with it sounds like you think Dzeko is all of a sudden gonna turn into a goal machine and will make the diffference in the title race next year?

I'm saying we should sign one or the other. Can you read?
I think that a winger is more important, as Dzeko will score far more goals next season with a winger. Since Milner has been playing as a winger Dzeko has been scoring far more goals. If we were to sign a real winger with pace then he would only score more than he has been.
Have you noticed that Dzeko scores a lot more when we play a winger instead of Nasri?

How so? He's pretty hopeless in the air so we wouldn't be looking for high crosses which means crosses would be played along the ground and personally I'd rather have Aguero or Tevez on the end of them than Dzeko.

sergiokun said:
Worth putting a bid in this summer but Madrid will be all over him

No they won't.
Real Madrid are NOT interested in Bale. It's only Levy, British tabloids and Bale's sponsors and agents who are saying Madrid are about to snap him up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.