Gareth Bale

Real Madrid still have Modric, Ozil, Di Mria, Kaka, Ronaldo and now Isco. Where exactly would Bale fit in? Say Di Maria goes, that's still 5 players already there. Is the prospect of playing for a CL team this season really worth just being a rotational fixture at Madrid? It's World Cup season, but is his position being threaten on the Welsh team? what's the likelihood of them actually making it to the World Cup?

It's easy to say take the money and run and buy a few players with this deal but I'm really trying to figure out how this works out for all parties involved. I honestly don't believe Bale wants to go after there were reports at Marca copy and pasted Modric's quote to go to Madrid and attached it to Bale.

Also Real's pursuit to get the player they want is almost sickening

Fair point scouse, but what creative players can they buy with the cash, bearing in mind they do not have champions league football?

If you draw a blank within the first 15 seconds of asking this question then I think the sensible answer is to keep Bale.

mancmackem said:
Fair point scouse, but what creative players can they buy with the cash, bearing in mind they do not have champions league football?

If you draw a blank within the first 15 seconds of asking this question then I think the sensible answer is to keep Bale.

Question is not WHO can they buy, question is who would they be prepared to spend the cash and wages on, lamela could be bought but only for big money!

mancmackem said:

This too! I can't think of anybody and Suarez wants out of England so that takes away a possible top striker. Spurs aren't going to act like Madrid and try and pry away some teams prized possession to forcefully spend the money they will make.

Also if Spurs were really thinking about selling Bale, they should have thrown this wild number out there from the beginning so they could have time to bring in a bunch of players a la Napoli.

MillionDollarDream said:
mancmackem said:

This too! I can't think of anybody and Suarez wants out of England so that takes away a possible top striker. Spurs aren't going to act like Madrid and try and pry away some teams prized possession to forcefully spend the money they will make.

They do it the same way we did. by paying them a boat load of cash. I cant see Levy breaking his salary caps though.

Im sure its been said in this thread recently but Bale is going to RM, Forget what the Spuds say, he would be mad not too, they are all one crap tackle away from retirement so why not go there now in his prime, while he still can.

mancmackem said:

With Bale money:
Eriksen
Soldado
Remy
Pastore
Shaw

NQCitizen said:
mancmackem said:

With Bale money:
Eriksen
Soldado
Remy
Pastore
Shaw

that would make spurs squad very strong indeed.

Does anyone think that it's actually in Real's interest to pay so much for Bale and in doing so automatically set the market value for Ronaldo as even higher than that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.