Gareth Bale

I'm not saying that football should switch to almost an American way of doing things but if Spurs set a market value of 100m for Bale and Real want him, they have to put together a package of cash + players or all players worth up to 100m. Once they see how much they really see how much they have to give up to make it work they would pull out immediately.

SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
NQCitizen said:
mancmackem said:
Fair point scouse, but what creative players can they buy with the cash, bearing in mind they do not have champions league football?

If you draw a blank within the first 15 seconds of asking this question then I think the sensible answer is to keep Bale.

With Bale money:
Eriksen
Soldado
Remy
Pastore
Shaw

that would make spurs squad very strong indeed.

Yeah if I was a Spurs fan I'd be all for bringing that money in. Bale's amazing season came from the free role he was given, but tactically it could be too naive a system to make the top 4.

It's unfashionable but I'd argue Bale doesn't guarantee top 4 and in fact his fee spent well would come closer to doing so. As it is Levy is pissing off his key player, irritating the buyer, turning down unprecedented opportunity for investment and wasting time in pursuing new targets.

Must take the €98m + Coentrão offer, if indeed it is true and then build from the back.

Perhaps Baldini may be able to tempt Lamela from Roma? Even then they'd still have about €70m, should they wish to spend it, for a really good creative midfielder and a right back. Assuming of course that they will soon sign Soldado.

NQCitizen said:
mancmackem said:
Fair point scouse, but what creative players can they buy with the cash, bearing in mind they do not have champions league football?

If you draw a blank within the first 15 seconds of asking this question then I think the sensible answer is to keep Bale.

With Bale money:
Eriksen
Soldado
Remy
Pastore
Shaw

They'd be better keeping Bale; he's that good. However, if they sell him, they should go for Di Maria & Rooney.

waspish said:
Must be paper speculation I reckon Madrid haven't even made a bid because if Madrid said to Levy here is 81m for Bale and he said Nahh he wants his head testing...

PSG made a bid of 85m already. That's what's holding up Madrid. Spurs are demanding they make a bid higher than the PSG bid they turned down.

I get the desire for Spurs to hold on to a key player and not to be seen as a selling club. But to get 40m over his worth is something you have to take. Yes it's late in the transfer window and many of the top players are gone there still is plenty of quality that can be pryed away with that kind of money. Perhaps they would have to pay a little over the odds for some of them but having recieved well over the odds for Bale they would still come out ahead money wise and talent wise.

Mr. Aguia said:
waspish said:
Must be paper speculation I reckon Madrid haven't even made a bid because if Madrid said to Levy here is 81m for Bale and he said Nahh he wants his head testing...

PSG made a bid of 85m already. That's what's holding up Madrid. Spurs are demanding they make a bid higher than the PSG bid they turned down.

I get the desire for Spurs to hold on to a key player and not to be seen as a selling club. But to get 40m over his worth is something you have to take. Yes it's late in the transfer window and many of the top players are gone there still is plenty of quality that can be pryed away with that kind of money. Perhaps they would have to pay a little over the odds for some of them but having recieved well over the odds for Bale they would still come out ahead money wise and talent wise.

I admire Levy a bit for "standing up to the man". Why would Bale sign to 2016 if he wanted out so bad? At this stage, teams are going to know how much Spurs are working with and knowing its late in the market, the prying is going to waste time and they may only end up with 1 to 2 players realistically. Not worth the gamble.

They don't even need him, that's the annoying thing. They only want to go and get him to one up Barca and its sad. They have Isco, Ronaldo, Ozil, Modric, Di Maria all vying for the 3 positions behind the striker, he isn't necessary. And the way at which they're trying to get him through the media is ridiculous, they just make up quotes and stories to unsettle him. It was the same with Isco and I think that's why it irritates me so much, I just can't stand Madrid and the under hand tactics they use to get their own way. I personally hope Spurs tell them to swivel.

I admire Levy a bit for "standing up to the man". Why would Bale sign to 2016 if he wanted out so bad? At this stage, teams are going to know how much Spurs are working with and knowing its late in the market, the prying is going to waste time and they may only end up with 1 to 2 players realistically. Not worth the gamble.

Personally I think not selling Bale would represent a much bigger gamble - but I think Levy's already decided he's gone and is just being sensible turning down the first offer. Spurs don't need to be signing world class players this summer as their focus should be establishing themselves in the Top 4 - there is plenty of time and lots of very good players available - bearing in mind they might sign Soldado during this saga - in my opinion a sign Bale has already gone.

Blue Elmo said:
They don't even need him, that's the annoying thing. They only want to go and get him to one up Barca and its sad. They have Isco, Ronaldo, Ozil, Modric, Di Maria all vying for the 3 positions behind the striker, he isn't necessary. And the way at which they're trying to get him through the media is ridiculous, they just make up quotes and stories to unsettle him. It was the same with Isco and I think that's why it irritates me so much, I just can't stand Madrid and the under hand tactics they use to get their own way. I personally hope Spurs tell them to swivel.

100% agree! Even Modric now is just a rotational squad player. It's going to be a big change f he goes and I'm not just talking about the inclusion of Champions League football.<br /><br />-- Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:11 pm --<br /><br />
nomorethaksintimes said:

Personally I think not selling Bale would represent a much bigger gamble - but I think Levy's already decided he's gone and is just being sensible turning down the first offer. Spurs don't need to be signing world class players this summer as their focus should be establishing themselves in the Top 4 - there is plenty of time and lots of very good players available - bearing in mind they might sign Soldado during this saga - in my opinion a sign Bale has already gone.

He signed a contract till 2016. Soldado may be signed before all this blows over, the Soldado's and Paulinho's of the world were being brought over to play with Bale, that's how you solidify being Top 4. Not bringing new guys in and selling your best player in hopes you can challenge again next year. That's 1 step forward 5 steps back.

NQCitizen said:
mancmackem said:

With Bale money:
Eriksen
Soldado
Remy
Pastore
Shaw

None of them make up for the loss of bale. They're all quality players but none are world class. No doubt it makes there chances better for top 4, they will be still a few players short of a title challenge.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.