Gareth Bale

Blue Elmo said:
They don't even need him, that's the annoying thing. They only want to go and get him to one up Barca and its sad. They have Isco, Ronaldo, Ozil, Modric, Di Maria all vying for the 3 positions behind the striker, he isn't necessary. And the way at which they're trying to get him through the media is ridiculous, they just make up quotes and stories to unsettle him. It was the same with Isco and I think that's why it irritates me so much, I just can't stand Madrid and the under hand tactics they use to get their own way. I personally hope Spurs tell them to swivel.

I agree with everyone you say, but question your description of their method of unsettling players through the media as 'ridiculous', as I would say it was unacceptable. I do wonder why when Real Madrid click their fingers every player goes running to them. They aren't particularly successful relative to their player purchases and image and go through players and managers at a rate we would be slaughtered for. The Spanish league is not that special in terms of competition, it consists of Real Madrid and Barcelona and eighteen others who have no chance whatsoever of competing with them. I say joining Real Madrid is a cliche. Don't go Mr Bale!

BlueDejong said:
Sky Sports Football ‏@SkyFootball
Real Madrid have made a world record bid of over £85m to Spurs for Gareth Bale, Sky Sports understands.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11661/8848350/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... um=twitter</a>

What the......

Oh my word....

The world has gone mad, I would be very suprised to see Levy not accept that.

I think he try and get a player included on top of the fee though, and why not.. you don't ask you don't get...

The problem spurs are going to have if he goes is actually attracting some new players to come and replace him.

Looking at it what do spurs have to offer?
No champions league football
Always sell their best players so not likely to be challenging for a title anytime soon.
Strict wage structure so won't get paid a great deal (relatively)

Why would di maria and/or contreau want to go to spurs?

Especially in a World Cup year aswell, where all players want to play at the
highest level to impress their national coaches. I doubt Di Maria and Coentrao
would be that tempted by Spurs.

scarty10 said:
Whilst on the face of it, it seems Spurs could 'just go out and get 5 great players' with the Bale money, what people fail to realise is that wages would very much have to be taken into account.

Not sure what Bale is on per week right now, but guarantee Di Maria would want a massive wage to go there from RM (probably equal to or above what Bale is currently on), as too Contreao. Add the wages of these '2 or 3 extra great players' and whilst they might come out around even in net transfer spend, their weekly wage bill would be astronomical.

Add to the fact that they have a new stadium to pay for and I think you'll be surprised just how much of the Bale money remains within the club coffers (if they sell).

Exactly. Replace Bale with 4 or 5 players costing 18-20 million each and it's likely that each player will be demanding wages similar to what Bale is on now. As such I'd be surprised if AVB gets to spend more than £50 million of it. Still a tidy sum to add to their purchases so far this summer but not quite as much of a war chest as some are suggesting.

cityfan41 said:

Players like Paulinho think differently, as long as they are playing and are proving to be top class they will get called up.

Players like Di Maria will want big wages to go to a team currently in the Europa league though in my opinion.

Don't Spurs have a new stadium to build, will any of this Bale money go on that??

cityfan41 said:

I would think that, despite your opinion of Spurs, in order to impress your national team coach playing for Spurs beats sitting on Madrid's bench.

If spurs sell Bale all they need is 2 good strikers, Soldado seems like one of them. They will spend that £85m wisely i think.

sam-caddick said:
cityfan41 said:

Players like Paulinho think differently, as long as they are playing and are proving to be top class they will get called up.

Players like Di Maria will want big wages to go to a team currently in the Europa league though in my opinion.

Don't Spurs have a new stadium to build, will any of this Bale money go on that??

Not happening anytime soon. As for Bale being sold, it will be on the drip like Tranny, so they might get Di Maria, but Ben ASK is a decent left back, so I think it would be one player. Benzema would be a good fit though.

Unless they sign Suarez as well Benzema will not be part of any deal for Bale imho.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.