Gareth Bale

Akira said:
NQCitizen said:
mancmackem said:
Fair point scouse, but what creative players can they buy with the cash, bearing in mind they do not have champions league football?

If you draw a blank within the first 15 seconds of asking this question then I think the sensible answer is to keep Bale.

With Bale money:
Eriksen
Soldado
Remy
Pastore
Shaw

That's even assuming they can sign them all. I presume Pastore would have cost them a bomb.

I think the deal with Bale is the idea of "consistency". The times I've watched Bale, he seems to go missing for at least 60/70mins, then pops out of nowhere and scores a wondrous goal. The valuable thing about him is how often he does these stuff.

Bale is a really really good player, but 40m tops.

Levy is playing a dangerous game because if Real say that Bale is stupidly overpriced and they will drop their bid, Spuds could end up with an unsettled and underperforming player, and it could fester amongst the squad as it did with Modric. And Real could afford to do this as the club's name alone carries the kudos that attracts players, and a perceived interest alone will stir the pot. I'm also sure that Bale's agent will be making a personal fortune if a transfer occurs, and I am expecting him to be beavering away behind the scenes right now.

They wont get Modric.

Another tabloid says they will go for Suarez.

But for his discipline Suarez would be worth almost as much as Bale

There is no way on this earth Bale is worth more than Ronaldo.

You have to take in image rights and shirt sales into that sort of deal. Ronaldo looks like a twat but girls love it and he sells shirts. Bale looks like a chimp. 85 million is outrageous. A one off. They would be mental not to accept.

svennis pennis said:
There is no way on this earth Bale is worth more than Ronaldo.

You have to take in image rights and shirt sales into that sort of deal. Ronaldo looks like a twat but girls love it and he sells shirts. Bale looks like a chimp. 85 million is outrageous. A one off. They would be mental not to accept.

My thoughts exactly. Bale may be a couple of years younger and still improving however he'll never be as good as Tranny.

Marvin said:
They wont get Modric.

Another tabloid says they will go for Suarez.

But for his discipline Suarez would be worth almost as much as Bale

Spurs going for Suarez?

If they lose Bale, Tottenham won't be that much different in quality to Liverpool, plus Suarez wants CL football with Liverpool wanting £50m.

Again in no way shape or form does this deal benefit Spurs. All targets are presumably already in a club playing Champions League football and will see Spurs as a downgrade. If they sell Bale, all this talk about building a new stadium... Who is it going to be built for if fans turn away seeing that their club not being able to hold on to its best players or attract any to come to the club? If they do try to sign anybody, they have to pay a premium and act quick as we've seen negotiations take weeks and we are down to a month left to fill a huge void.

Can Real Madrid make FFP targets if this happens for £85m considering their other spending while they're supposedly still in for other big name players also?

M24 Citizen said:
Can Real Madrid make FFP targets if this happens for £85m considering their other spending while they're supposedly still in for other big name players also?
Considering RM have the largest revenues in world football, they shouldn't have too much trouble with FFP. They would also quite likely make a large chunk back straight away through shirt sales.

117 M34 said:
The problem spurs are going to have if he goes is actually attracting some new players to come and replace him.

Looking at it what do spurs have to offer?
No champions league football
Always sell their best players so not likely to be challenging for a title anytime soon.
Strict wage structure so won't get paid a great deal (relatively)

Why would di maria and/or contreau want to go to spurs?

Fair enough but they are only putting off the inevitable. bale isn't going to stay there forever. No matter what Levy wants. What if bale puts in a transfer request or threatens not to play etc..? His value will drop to what's he's actually worth and Spurs will be in the same position but 40m lighter in the pocket. Maybe the Dimaria's of the world aren't interested in Spurs. But there are quality players available that wouldn't be on huge wages. Cazorla and Michu aren't on huge wages and didn't cost crazy money either. I'm sure there are other players in Spain who'd be interested in a descent pay raise and the media attention of the PL.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.