Gareth Bale

I feel sorry Bale. Not because he will be playing for RM this season and he'll need to hit the ground running but for £100m the fans will expect him to have an Excocet on each foot and score 50 in his first season.

Does anyone remember DaveTheYid from last summer on here? God how I wish he was back for this saga

kenzie115 said:
adrianr said:
Chippy_boy said:
Not sure about the top 4 bit. But they have to sell, that's for sure. Unless Levy is stark raving bonkers.

What would improve a team more?

Negredo &
Navas &
Jovetic &
Fernandino

or

Bale

But they also cost a lot more, so improvement would be expected.

The foursome came to about £85m in total, isn't that what Madrid are rumoured to have bid?

If we assume Spurs would actually pay what we're paying those 4, which is no means a given, multiply that over 4 years - You're going to be needing a lot more cash than 85m + Bales wages over the same time. Wages really are key, they're a much better indicator of a teams standing than transfer fees.

One poster yesterday asked the question how has Bale gone from a £50M player to an £80M player whilst being on his Summer Holidays.

Did the Forum reach a conclusive answer on this because I would love to know it.

ifiwasarichfan said:
One poster yesterday asked the question how has Bale gone from a £50M player to an £80M player whilst being on his Summer Holidays.

Did the Forum reach a conclusive answer on this because I would love to know it.

Maybe Levy employed a magician to work on the bid. Perhaps we should use the same man to work on Sinclair, and a few of our others too for that matter.

ifiwasarichfan said:

Maybe his ears are made of gold.

stony said:
ifiwasarichfan said:

Maybe his ears are made of gold.

Supply and demand, same reason Easyjet's prices to quadruple in price if the destination is one where there is a massive surge in demand, like Euro 2012
Madrid want him, Levy is stubborn git = £85M

ifiwasarichfan said:

He hasn't.

kenzie115 said:
adrianr said:
Chippy_boy said:
Not sure about the top 4 bit. But they have to sell, that's for sure. Unless Levy is stark raving bonkers.

What would improve a team more?

Negredo &
Navas &
Jovetic &
Fernandino

or

Bale

But they also cost a lot more, so improvement would be expected.

The foursome came to about £85m in total, isn't that what Madrid are rumoured to have bid?

True but would you rather improve 1 position or 4? Navas and Fernandinho have vastly improved over last season's counterparts. If bale gets hurt then the team takes a real hit. Would rather have 4 really good players than 1 great player at this point in the clubs position. We needed to improve multiple positions(still do). Next year and going forward I think we'd be in a better position to go for that 1 key superstar type player. Look at Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal with RVP. 1 great player isn't enough.

ifiwasarichfan said:

It's bugging me as well, no doubt he is a good player but he is not one of the best in the world by a long shot

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.