Gareth Bale

richards30 said:
Blueband Brother said:
I think 75 mill can land him and it will be worth it. Bale is going to move on to another club either this season, which is more than probable and advisable, or next season. So he is not similar to Messi in that respect.

The key is dispelling complexes manifesting as negativity and apprehension for the prospects of getting Bale e.g ''there is no chance of signing bale''; and actually being brave in order to reap the inevitable rewards in the future.

Very true this mate.

Get fucked. £75mil???? Not a chance in hell.

Levy would take £50mil cash all day long.

I agree we should go for him but let's not get stupid on price.

Rammy Blue said:
richards30 said:
Blueband Brother said:
I think 75 mill can land him and it will be worth it. Bale is going to move on to another club either this season, which is more than probable and advisable, or next season. So he is not similar to Messi in that respect.

The key is dispelling complexes manifesting as negativity and apprehension for the prospects of getting Bale e.g ''there is no chance of signing bale''; and actually being brave in order to reap the inevitable rewards in the future.

Very true this mate.

Get fucked. £75mil???? Not a chance in hell.

Levy would take £50mil cash all day long.

I agree we should go for him but let's not get stupid on price.

Yep Agree slap 40m down Now in front of levy let him ponder it for a month then go back slap 45m down leave him to ponder it till a week before the transfer window closes then bang in 50m take it or leave it!

£75million is far too much, you want to be buying a ready made brand for that much like Real did when they bought Ronaldo for similar. Without the 'brand' Bale is worth £40m-£50m tops IMO. No player should cost more unless they come with instant commercial benefits that will make money back quickly.

LoveCity said:
£75million is far too much, you want to be buying a ready made brand for that much like Real did when they bought Ronaldo for similar. Without the 'brand' Bale is worth £40m-£50m tops IMO. No player should cost more unless they come with instant commercial benefits that will make money back quickly.

Heard anything on the Bale front, LC?

All this "Levy won't sell to a rival" talk doesn't make much sense to me. We're not Spurs' rivals anymore because they're not title challengers. With or without Bale we'll finish above them next season. They'll be fighting it for a CL spot so I don't see why selling Bale to us changes their position in any way other than weakening themselves. But having said that, if they are indeed prepared to sell, selling Bale to us or Real will make next to no difference to Spurs hopes for next season. Selling to Arsenal (ignoring the locality rivals bit) would effect them hugely because they're both competing for the same position!

It's for this reason that I believe we have a chance of getting him. I'm sure Bale would rather stay in the UK than go to a country where he can't speak their language. Not exactly common for UK players to go abroad.

Goo said:
LoveCity said:

I'm the wrong person to ask this... Tolmie, Danamy, MCRJON, etc. might know something. :)

In terms of the press though, which I follow closely, nope... the only time we ever get linked with Bale is the usual tripe: "The likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, and Chelsea are sure to be watching Bale's situation with interest."

LoveCity said:
Goo said:
LoveCity said:

I'm the wrong person to ask this... Tolmie, Danamy, MCRJON, etc. might know something. :)

In terms of the press though, which I follow closely, nope... the only time we ever get linked with Bale is the usual tripe: "The likes of Manchester United, Manchester City, and Chelsea are sure to be watching Bale's situation with interest."

Cheers bud,

I remember ANY1aBLUE saying we'd agreed a deal in principle, and IIRC Tolmie confirming this, but since then it's gone very quiet...

Bale is worth about £25m in today's Market maybe less because of hes injury prone I'd be a little disappointed if we signed him for the money they'll be asking although I do rate the guy.

kiam06 said:
Bale is worth about £25m in today's Market maybe less because of hes injury prone I'd be a little disappointed if we signed him for the money they'll be asking although I do rate the guy.

Deluded.

£25m wouldn't even scratch the surface in todays market.

kiam06 said:

wow, thats like saying Messi is worth 50m.

Bilboblue said:
kiam06 said:

Deluded.

£25m wouldn't even scratch the surface in todays market.

Bale is worth about £60m in today's market.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.