Gareth Bale

kiam06 said:
Bale is worth about £25m in today's Market maybe less because of hes injury prone I'd be a little disappointed if we signed him for the money they'll be asking although I do rate the guy.

25M you say...maybe less....hmmm?

Whatever you're drinking, please enlighten me as I'm going to see if they sell it over here...that must be some strong stuff.

If they don't I'll import it and sell it as "brain fart", though i suspect it's illegal in developed countries?

Madrid preparing €75m offer according to Spanish papers. Election. Year.

and he still hasn't signed his new contract

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 9m

Real Madrid preparing a 75m€ bid for Gareth Bale,according to 2 different spanish papers. To be concrete in mid-june after club's election

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 3m

If - IF, big if - such an offer would be concrete, Gareth Bale would turn into the second most expensive player in the history. A welsh! :)

Bale looks a definate to be Reals top target.

Spurs won't turn that down.

They'd be stupid to turn it down. They'd be letting Madrid financing their whole transfer kitty this summer

I hope he doesnt go to Madrid, as much as i would hate him going to a rival club we all want to see the best players in the prem.

Kiam,who has obviously had his fun on the 'Mancini' thread,has now,it appears,moved his focus here........

Bale to Real,other than signing for us,would probably be the best outcome,obviously in domestic terms anyway.

He will be a world star and i cant see him moving for less than 50m.

One question - Will Spurs use the income opportunity to further their ambitions to the max?

Goo said:
LoveCity said:
£75million is far too much, you want to be buying a ready made brand for that much like Real did when they bought Ronaldo for similar. Without the 'brand' Bale is worth £40m-£50m tops IMO. No player should cost more unless they come with instant commercial benefits that will make money back quickly.

Heard anything on the Bale front, LC?

All this "Levy won't sell to a rival" talk doesn't make much sense to me. We're not Spurs' rivals anymore because they're not title challengers. With or without Bale we'll finish above them next season. They'll be fighting it for a CL spot so I don't see why selling Bale to us changes their position in any way other than weakening themselves. But having said that, if they are indeed prepared to sell, selling Bale to us or Real will make next to no difference to Spurs hopes for next season. Selling to Arsenal (ignoring the locality rivals bit) would effect them hugely because they're both competing for the same position!

It's for this reason that I believe we have a chance of getting him. I'm sure Bale would rather stay in the UK than go to a country where he can't speak their language. Not exactly common for UK players to go abroad.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I think that's a pretty arrogant and disrespectful post and could come back to bite yer arse very badly.

Bale still has 3-4 years on his contract, so even though Spurs missed out on CL, he won't be sold cheap just yet. But with him apparently asking for 200k a week, I could see Levy letting him go. There's very few clubs who would stump up the 60 million or so needed to get him this year, so we have to be in with a shout. Thank god GPC has gone or I could have seen him choosing the rags.

MSP said:
Bluemoonie92 said:
I hope he doesnt go to Madrid, as much as i would hate him going to a rival club we all want to see the best players in the prem.

I want to see rags play as QPR did this term so please don't speak in my name :)

Haha i agree with that. But we dont want to be losing all our best players to la liga!

Bluemoonie92 said:

Nice sentiment but fook that. Any world class player in the Prem not playing for us can ply his trade elsewhere with my blessing - if only RVP would have gone to Madrid last summer!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.