"Gareth Barry is awful"

Re: Gareth Barry is awful

Dax777 said:
McFcMiKe7 said:
People who aren't City fans seem to think Barry is shit yet they think AJ is class
This is so true. All my Arsenal buddies are scared shitless of A.J and celebrate when we don't start him against them. Yet they think Barry makes our 11 based on English quota. Quite puzzling, these views :?

no it's just because AJ cameos as a sub in the past few years have tended to be effective and his skill and the goals he chips in with make people think in a 5 minute MOTD piece that he's top quality whilst Barry is under the radar, watch full 90 mins and you'd be scratching your head if you have your mates opinions.

Gareth Barry is awful

Bell end know nothing football fans listen to one comment made by the pundits in a big game and that becomes the definitive groupthink opinion. Barry is victim of that after the Germany game.

Don't really care what other people think of our players, it irks me more that there are City fans who think this.

Adam-mcfc said:
If I hear this again I might off myself. Why is it that only City fans give him the credit he deserves?

Because the majority of football fans only see spectacular saves, goal line clearances and stunning goals. They never give due weight to how the ball gets about the pitch and how yer get the ball back off the opposition.

I posted something similar in another thread: there is a woman who sits near me who swears blind that Yaya is shite.

It's bizarre that there are so many people who pay a hell of a lot of money to go and watch something they simply do not understand.

And with regards to Barry getting left for dad by Ozil in the World Cup, that was because he had to fill in at centre back while John Terry irresponsibly raced forward for a long throw in the last couple of minutes. Gaz Baz was not at fault at all.

TonyM said:
Vills fans know how important he is.
Barry was a class act for us for years.

I remember seeing him thrown in at centre back when he was 17 and looked like he'd been playing there his whole life.

O'Leary was literally minutes from flogging him to Pompey for £4m years ago then he got sacked. O'Neill came in, gave him the armband and stuck him in the middle. Best thing he ever did.

Barry was class for us. His sense of calmness on the ball and his positioning on the field is class.

We've not replaced him since he left.

mcfc2607 said:
Barry is one of the most under rated players in the prem. you know your good when Mr David Silva votes for you for player of the year.

^^^^
This, hover Barry still had a shocker yesterday!

Adam-mcfc said:
If I hear this again I might off myself. Why is it that only City fans give him the credit he deserves?

one of the first names on the sheet. fantastic player does an incredible job. the moaners are usually the armchair fans. a great shame the guy is 32, will be murder replacing him when the time comes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.