"Gareth Barry is awful"

Barry is the type of player that you need to watch week in, week out, 90mins, to appreciate him.

AJ is the type of player that you falsely assume just by watching his highlights, kind of like a Youtube player.

Isn't Carrick treated the same way, if not worse despite being their most important midfielder over the last 6 years?

I really rate Gareth Barry. The trouble is people judge him against the criteria for a fast attacking Hazard type player. Of course he isn't going measure up for that role. What people fail to understand is that this isn't his role. The attribute he needs are a cool head, strength, measured passing and good technique. He's the player that supports the 'glamour' players. He does the holding/donkey work so the likes of Silva can go forward, and he's an outlet to go back if the forward players need to. He makes himself available for the forward players and they are more confident knowing that they have a cool head behind them if they need to pass to him.

I met a Newcastle fan late on Sunday night and got talking about City. He is the first non City supporter I have known to give Barry a lot of credit.

Gareth Barry was David Silva's City player of the season. Case closed, end of thread etc.

When ever a Gaz Baz thread comes up i always say the same thing and stand by it - Gaz Baz in a Villa team stood out as he was by far not only the best player but was playing with average players. Gaz Baz in a City team is playing with class players so he will not stand out as much however he goes about his job and is brilliant at doing it. OP look at the bigger picture! GB is one of the reasons we are champions!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.