GARETH BARRY

leighton said:
Barry looked the part but I think we need De Jong in the middle with him for some of the away games that we will have. Him and Ireland done well in there together. If we have De Jong in there as well it gives Ireland much more freedom to make those breaks into the box. I only think he made 2 runs into the box from deep and scored from 1 which aint bad.

as much as I rate ireland I think we are moving into a time when squad rotation will come in. not rotation for the sake of it not even just to rest players but for tactical reasons,
if that means ireland steps down for de jong well so be it,

I think the players know this as well it is all about the team and when a player is dropped or rotated he then has to make sure the next chance he gets he is under pressure to hit the ground running and take his chance,

barry for me will more often than not play the linch pin in the middle and when de jong plays he will be asked to be a little more positive, I think he will chip in with a few goals aswell.
If the players believe we can compete for the title they have to man up and accept that probably only shay is untouchable and take itt on the chin when they are not in the starting 11

bornblueegg said:
PoolHustler said:
Buy of the summer for me, always seems calm and never wastes the ball, excellent player.

Scared the shit out of me in an England shirt however...

Nah mate. I watched him closely the other night and he was superb, as usual. He gets one bad pass from Ferdinand and suddenly looks stupid. Not for me. Capello picks him over Carrick et al for a very good reason. He's the best Englishman in that DM position by a mile.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.