Gareth Barry

I dont think Barry has what is needed at the top level. All the top defensive midfielders at the World Cup offer a lot more than Barry. Barry has lost whatever speed he had and his passing has been hit and miss. I feel for England Barry is nowhere near the standard needed at the World Cup and in the big games he goes missing time and time again. I see his place for England up for grabs next season and the same at City more so if Yaya Toure comes to the club.

leighton said:
I dont think Barry has what is needed at the top level. All the top defensive midfielders at the World Cup offer a lot more than Barry. Barry has lost whatever speed he had and his passing has been hit and miss. I feel for England Barry is nowhere near the standard needed at the World Cup and in the big games he goes missing time and time again. I see his place for England up for grabs next season and the same at City more so if Yaya Toure comes to the club.

totally agree, he'd be lucky to get in the starting line up next season ahead of yaya and nige.

mark100267 said:
Did you see the game tonight? Upson was woeful. Lennon can't cross a ball and Cole made zero impact when he came on.

Didn't Upson make a number of very good inticeptions including the one final moments of the match???????

I thought his performance was simply so-so, though it was his first game back after injury and a moody pitch and match to face on his return. I'm not sure how folk could determine he will be upended at City by players with no experience in the premiership...promiseland is just what it says and on his game and with his fitness up then Gareth is an important cog, i would'nt look to Nigel to relieve the pressure when we have the ball after momentarilly quenching a threat...good player but playing the pass back into trouble is his forte...least it is when he's in a blue shirt.

I'll be very annoyed if he's part of our first XI next season, good squad player though.

ancoats said:
haller said:
He was shit today.

true matey his passing was sh*t and looked not match fit
needs more game time and will get better the longer england stay in the cup

What a total pile of shite.. I dunno the exact stats but he only made 2 or 3 stray passes out of 40 or so, his passing was mint including his part in the goal... some folk are so deluded and ignorant it defies belief.

Wayward passing occasionally, but puts in a shift and kept it simple which is what he's there to do.

Slow as fuck though, looks like he's running through treacle all over the park.

blumoonrises said:
ancoats said:
true matey his passing was sh*t and looked not match fit
needs more game time and will get better the longer england stay in the cup

What a total pile of shite.. I dunno the exact stats but he only made 2 or 3 stray passes out of 40 or so, his passing was mint including his part in the goal... some folk are so deluded and ignorant it defies belief.

blue eyed specs, probably the only starting england player he had a better pass percentage than was david james, and for a DM, he only made 1 tackle.

take him out of the england team and were fucked, simples !
hes not the fastest but he puts a job in and is very effective in what he does.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.