Barry: 7
De Jong: 0

Chances Created
Barry:45
De Jong:13

Successful Passes
Barry: 1346
De Jong: 1163

Ok so these stats show clearly that Gareth Barry is a much more technically gifted player. But we knew that already, surely NDJ will win comfortably on the defensive side of the game? But that is not the case:

Tackles won
Barry: 91
De Jong: 69

Tackles Lost
Barry: 22
De Jong: 27

Fouls Conceded
Barry: 64
De Jong: 44

Yellow Cards
Barry: 4
De Jong: 7

These last two stats, show that Barry is clearly the far more canny footballer, as he breaks up play (concedes a foul) far more ofter than De Jong but also far more subtly so he doesn't receive a yellow card.

Fouls Won
Barry: 56

You can not argue with these stats, they clearly show Gareth Barry is far better at breaking up the play than NDJ. And with that being true, in what way is NDJ better than Barry?? None whatsoever

It would be useful to know....

1. where these stats come from, and
2. over how many games they are accrued (for each stat)

I ask because the tackles could be in only a few games, and some of the others could be over a career.

Sabster said:
Barry>>>>De Jong

Goals
Barry: 2

Assists

Chances Created

Successful Passes

Ok so these stats show clearly that Gareth Barry is a much more technically gifted player. But we knew that already, surely NDJ will win comfortably on the defensive side of the game? But that is not the case:

Tackles won

Tackles Lost

Fouls Conceded

Yellow Cards

These last two stats, show that Barry is clearly the far more canny footballer, as he breaks up play (concedes a foul) far more ofter than De Jong but also far more subtly so he doesn't receive a yellow card.

Fouls Won

You can not argue with these stats, they clearly show Gareth Barry is far better at breaking up the play than NDJ. And with that being true, in what way is NDJ better than Barry?? None whatsoever

Used to be Sabotelli after his love affair with our new signing but now its statster. You need to realise you can post as many stats as you want but your point is ridiculous because you are comparing 2 completely different players. Ok you compared Macherano and De Jong and thats fine but to compare a defensive midfielder and a central midfielder is pointless because they have different abilities and play different.

De Jongs job is to break up play, protect the back 4 and then play a simple pass to another player to start a move. You have decided to put in chances created and Barry creates more but how many moves are created from a NDJ tackle? Absoloute shit pal if you want to compare players with stats choose 2 who play in the same position

cleavers said:
Sabster said:
Barry>>>>De Jong

Goals

Assists

Chances Created

Successful Passes

Tackles won

Tackles Lost

Fouls Conceded

Yellow Cards

Fouls Won

It would be useful to know....

1. where these stats come from, and
2. over how many games they are accrued (for each stat)

I ask because the tackles could be in only a few games, and some of the others could be over a career.

1. Telegraph Football
2. 09/10 Season (in which barry played about 2% more than de jong)

Sabster said:
Barry>>>>De Jong

Haven't we had these De Jong/Barry stats posted a few times before? Whilst stats can be useful to a point, to suggest that these stats show Barry is better and that they cannot be argued with, is ridiculous. There are all sorts of matters of context that mean stats do no always tell the whole story. I don't especially want to bother making the case that De Jong is better etc etc but for instance, De Jong clearly gets deployed much deeper than Barry so that would skew any assist/goal stat. Also that would skew a yellow card stat as you are more likely to get booked for breaking play up around the area than you are for tripping someone on the half way line. There are a load of other extraneous variables that could be mentioned if I could be bothered. If you think Barry is better, then that is reasonable but don't suggest that stats are infallible, because that is just bollocks.

Gareth Barry has turned on those Manchester City players unwilling to pull their weight.

City boss Roberto Mancini wants to dump troublemakers Craig Bellamy and Robinho, while Stephen Ireland is also surplus to requirements and Nedum Onuoha has been loaned to Sunderland after criticising the City boss in a TV interview.

"The manager has made it clear he's got some big decisions to make on players leaving because of this new 25-player limit that's come in," said City midfielder Barry.

"One or two players will be upset because they no longer feature in Roberto Mancini's plans, but that is the way the club is going and it is a feature of how the game as a whole has moved on.

"Even some of the players who are in the 25 will be upset some weeks because they are left out of the team. Again, that's something you have to come to terms with if you want to play for a club that is aiming as high as we are.

"I have loved seeing new players arrive this summer and if more come in that's even better. We just missed out on qualifying for the Champions League last season, so it was clear we needed something to make us bigger and better.

"It's a fact of life at all the top clubs that as better players come in, others are going to leave. I knew what I was buying into when I joined City and it was what I wanted. The competition for places will be tough and the manager has already made it clear to us that he will rotate the squad.

"I certainly won't spit my dummy out if I find myself being left out of the team. I will just fight even harder."

Brilliant attitude as well from Gaz Baz, we need more players like this with the right mentality to fight for his place and the team, and when told he doesnt fit in with a certain games tactics, fights harder for his place instead of spouting their bitter opinions to the press about leaving etc.

simono said:
Gareth Barry has turned on those Manchester City players unwilling to pull their weight.

City boss Roberto Mancini wants to dump troublemakers Craig Bellamy and Robinho, while Stephen Ireland is also surplus to requirements and Nedum Onuoha has been loaned to Sunderland after criticising the City boss in a TV interview.

"The manager has made it clear he's got some big decisions to make on players leaving because of this new 25-player limit that's come in," said City midfielder Barry.

"One or two players will be upset because they no longer feature in Roberto Mancini's plans, but that is the way the club is going and it is a feature of how the game as a whole has moved on.

"Even some of the players who are in the 25 will be upset some weeks because they are left out of the team. Again, that's something you have to come to terms with if you want to play for a club that is aiming as high as we are.

"I have loved seeing new players arrive this summer and if more come in that's even better. We just missed out on qualifying for the Champions League last season, so it was clear we needed something to make us bigger and better.

"It's a fact of life at all the top clubs that as better players come in, others are going to leave. I knew what I was buying into when I joined City and it was what I wanted. The competition for places will be tough and the manager has already made it clear to us that he will rotate the squad.

"I certainly won't spit my dummy out if I find myself being left out of the team. I will just fight even harder."

Impressed! - think the last quote will come back to bite him though

niall_mcfc said:
Sabster said:
Barry>>>>De Jong

Goals

Assists

Chances Created

Successful Passes

Tackles won

Tackles Lost

Fouls Conceded

Yellow Cards

Fouls Won

Used to be Sabotelli after his love affair with our new signing but now its statster. You need to realise you can post as many stats as you want but your point is ridiculous because you are comparing 2 completely different players. Ok you compared Macherano and De Jong and thats fine but to compare a defensive midfielder and a central midfielder is pointless because they have different abilities and play different.

De Jongs job is to break up play, protect the back 4 and then play a simple pass to another player to start a move. You have decided to put in chances created and Barry creates more but how many moves are created from a NDJ tackle? Absoloute shit pal if you want to compare players with stats choose 2 who play in the same position

Every other person in the world consider GB a holding midfielder so it is reasonable to compare them.

And De Jong made far less tackles than Barry. So again I implore someone to explain to me what De Jong does better than Barry apart from make Blockbuster Tackles (occasionally)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.