Gareth Barry

IMO Barry will play the exact same role as he did last year. Whether people agree with that or want to lose him is up to them for me, "he iz a very important player" to quote Bert.

if barry plays he allows yaya the freedom to go forward. when milner plays yaya has to drop a bit deeper.

inconclusion to get the best from yaya barry should play. as for the dickhead who said silva johnston and NDJ in midfield, you clearly dont know a fucking thing about football

bluefromleve32 said:
if barry plays he allows yaya the freedom to go forward. when milner plays yaya has to drop a bit deeper.

inconclusion to get the best from yaya barry should play. as for the dickhead who said silva johnston and NDJ in midfield, you clearly dont know a fucking thing about football

Who said that??

No. i dont think so. This season i expect Barry to be in the stands or on the bench.

Not starting material anymore IMO. Think he will be back-up for De Jong more likely.

bzekosilva said:
i also would like shauny to get a fair chance,

and I'd love The Goat playing up front, a 26 year old Benarbia in Midfield and a fully fit Paul Lake next to him but it ain't going to happen, we'd all love SWP to be a success for us in a successful team.

Abbeygoo said:
Had the pleasure of watching the FA Cup semi final again all the way through on Blu-Ray. For anyone who hasn't done this, I recommend it ....

My brother and I purposefully just watched Gareth Barry to see what he did and what he contributes ...... it really was an eye opener.

He closes down all over the pitch, he covers for Kolarov on several occasions, he presses Ferdinand / Van der Sar into making the mistake that led to the goal, he wins tackles and seemingly, is always available for a pass.

Sure, he isn't the fastest, doesn't score many goals and isn't that creative in the final third .... we have other players that do that very well. Every David Silva needs a Gareth Barry ...... that's why we have a decent team now instead of a midfield packed of Irelands, Elanos, Petrovs etc who couldn't do any of the above that Barry does so well.

Always worthy of a shirt IMO.

Totally agree with this.
Barry does so much good work that goes unnoticed. He covers a hell of a lot of ground (not that quickly, granted) and he picks up loads of loose balls on the edge of our box. When we are under pressure, he really rolls his sleeves up and protects the back four very well. I have no doubt he would score more goals if given more freedom to get forward, but that is not his role in our side. His role is to hold the middle of the park, provide a platform from which the more creative, attacking players can play from and protect the back four. He does this very well.<br /><br />-- Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:01 am --<br /><br />
leighton said:
He isnt up to standard for were we want to be. IF Barry starts the majority of games next year we wont have a chance of winning the title in my view. Fuck me I dont know what Mancini sees in him. Slow passing gone to shit and slows down the play way too much. I think it will be a huge mistake if we dont look for another central player if Nasri doesnt come. I dont know but looking even at what is at the club in the central area I am hoping that Barry will be used in the Vieria role next season. The less we see of him in the starting team the better I hope Milner is given a chance in the centre midfield this season and if M Johnson sticks around and is fit I would hope he is battling it out with Milner for a place in the team.

You must be having a bloody giggle with this!? The thought of putting Johnson ahead of Barry in the pecking order is completely ridiculous.

I have about as much chance of making the 25-man squad as M Johnson! He is a classic case of a player getting better and better in many people's eyes the less he plays. Those that keep harping on about him coming back into our side need to let it go. They are probably the same people that, in the late 1990s, were still convinced Paul Lake was going to come back and single-handedly drag us back to the big-time and Premiership glory.

Yes, he showed a lot of promise and yes, he formed a great partnership with Elano in the middle of the park under Sven, but people seem to have forgotten that some fans were already starting to knock him by the end of that season, questioning his committment, his attitude and saying that his form had dipped.

He was good. He could have been great. But it hasn't worked out for the lad. It's a shame, but time to accept it and move on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.