Gareth Barry

RandomJ said:
He's been having a poor season and I don't think he has much longer left at the top level but he did play vey well today.

disagree - I think he's had another great season.

remember our early season jitters whilst he was out injured? then when he came back into the team we stopped conceding

mansour's tow ropes said:
RandomJ said:
He's been having a poor season and I don't think he has much longer left at the top level but he did play vey well today.

remember our early season jitters whilst he was out injured? then when he came back into the team we stopped conceding

Guess we have to agree to disagree then. I thought last season he was brilliant but this season he's been off the pace and has had some absolute shockers. But like I said he played very well today so credit where it's due.

As I have said before;

Gareth Barry is the oil in City's engine.

He's just like the oil in any engine in that it tends to go unnoticed and you only realise how important it was when it's no longer there.

RandomJ said:
mansour's tow ropes said:
RandomJ said:

Guess we have to agree to disagree then. I thought last season he was brilliant but this season he's been off the pace and has had some absolute shockers. But like I said he played very well today so credit where it's due.

Definitely had a couple of poor games with Southampton the most obvious but generally he has been excellent. Mancini rates him very highly so I would be surprised if he doesn't get a contract extension.

I think he plays best in a midfield three with Yaya and Milner. Nasri/Aguero/Tevez played very high for most of the game. He has made a surprising amount of forward forrays in the last few months.

And some people think he should take a pay cut, if he gets offered another contract. Top Top player.

FantasyIreland said:
Just watching the game again.

Barry was awesome,no other words,he bossed that midfield.

MOTM for me and,while he may not play as much game time next season,he must surely be making the decision on a contract extension very easy.....!

Pound for pound,up there with our best signings.

Spot on. Another brilliant display.

malg said:
He's not an unsung hero, the vast majority of Blues know how good he is and sing his praises.

Yeah we really need to stop banging this Barry underappreciated drum. Maybe by the world at large, but he gets plenty of recognition from blues.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.