Gareth Barry

Barry played well yesterday. Broke up the play well. Moved it on well aswell apart from the odd stray pass here and there. I honestly dont rate him but yesterday he was good. Still feel in European games and playing against team with technical players and quick players Barry struggles a lot of the time. He needs replacing. I wonder what players are lined up?? I feel after the Saints game were he had a nightmare I think Mancini was thinking about giving Barry a longer time on the bench sadly injuries got Barry back in and he has worked hard to hold onto his place in the team. Just think with age and the type of player he is we just need something a bit more than Barry. I would love to see us getting a midfielder to set the tempo of our game. We dont have anyone who can do that to get the best out of Yaya , Silva and even Nasri. You want them on the ball as much as they can but that means a player who can have a wide range of passes which Barry may not have in my opinion.

Anyone who doesn't rate Gareth Barry hasn't got a clue about Football.
No further comment needed.
I rest my case.

Everyone outside of City remembers him for that moment in the 2006 world cup. I hardly know any other football fans who have watched a full city match so they don't see all the work he does, they see the highlights on MOTD but he rarely does anything standout so its not on there so everyone assumes he does nothing.

However during a world cup when every football fan is watching and he has a poor game he is criticized and never forgotten.

Leighton, I see what your saying but the type of player your asking for is quite rare and the teams that have them want to keep them for the very reasons we would want one!

Long term I think Rodwell will mould into Barry's position but with added athleticism and bigger attacking threat!

Another in a long line of fantastic performances. Yaya had some brilliant moments yesterday but Barry was MotM for me.

Absolutely class yesterday-especially first half. Love the guy. Always bullies Chelsea and he did it again. MOTM for me.

Apart from the Southampton game, where virtually everyone in the team had a stinker, he has been class all season IMO. Great performance yesterday & in the Derby last Monday. I hope he gets a new contract.

Juan King said:
Apart from the Southampton game, where virtually everyone in the team had a stinker, he has been class all season IMO. Great performance yesterday & in the Derby last Monday. I hope he gets a new contract.

for sheer consistancy its a straight choice between him and zab for player of the season.

truly an outstanding player.

leighton said:
Barry played well yesterday. Broke up the play well. Moved it on well aswell apart from the odd stray pass here and there. I honestly dont rate him but yesterday he was good. Still feel in European games and playing against team with technical players and quick players Barry struggles a lot of the time. He needs replacing. I wonder what players are lined up?? I feel after the Saints game were he had a nightmare I think Mancini was thinking about giving Barry a longer time on the bench sadly injuries got Barry back in and he has worked hard to hold onto his place in the team. Just think with age and the type of player he is we just need something a bit more than Barry. I would love to see us getting a midfielder to set the tempo of our game. We dont have anyone who can do that to get the best out of Yaya , Silva and even Nasri. You want them on the ball as much as they can but that means a player who can have a wide range of passes which Barry may not have in my opinion.

I feel if he was Irish your opinion would be different.

Feed-The-Goat said:
leighton said:

I feel if he was Irish your opinion would be different.

Pulling the race card out early

BOOM!!!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.