Gareth Barry

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Feed-The-Goat said:
leighton said:
Barry played well yesterday. Broke up the play well. Moved it on well aswell apart from the odd stray pass here and there. I honestly dont rate him but yesterday he was good. Still feel in European games and playing against team with technical players and quick players Barry struggles a lot of the time. He needs replacing. I wonder what players are lined up?? I feel after the Saints game were he had a nightmare I think Mancini was thinking about giving Barry a longer time on the bench sadly injuries got Barry back in and he has worked hard to hold onto his place in the team. Just think with age and the type of player he is we just need something a bit more than Barry. I would love to see us getting a midfielder to set the tempo of our game. We dont have anyone who can do that to get the best out of Yaya , Silva and even Nasri. You want them on the ball as much as they can but that means a player who can have a wide range of passes which Barry may not have in my opinion.

I feel if he was Irish your opinion would be different.

Pulling the race card out early

BOOM!!!!!!

My opinion would still be the same. I am here years yet some people pull out the IF He Was Irish you wouldnt say that. No I would say that if he was Irish , Spanish , Italian or Brazilian. I stated my views from Day fucking 1 that I never ever rated Barry and he has been found out time and time again in European games and even in some English league games. We all see the game and were all able to say our views on each game. You can bring up the Irish shit talk all you like it wont change my views on Barry.

Juan King said:
Apart from the Southampton game, where virtually everyone in the team had a stinker, he has been class all season IMO. Great performance yesterday & in the Derby last Monday. I hope he gets a new contract.

I still want to see a vast improvement in terms of season performance. But that said, he has done good since that own goal and stupid miss against Newcastle. Also proved me wrong when I questioned why he was starting in both the Derby and Semin Final. So hopefully he will carry on his recent performances into next season.

:)

This would be a nice outcome. I don't expect him to command a starting place for much longer but he can be a very useful squad player.

-

Barry set for pay cut to extend Manchester City stay
The Premier League champions will meet with the England international in May for what they hope will be conclusive talks to keep the 32-year-old at the Etihad Stadium
By Paul Clennam

Manchester City midfielder Gareth Barry is set to accept a pay cut to extend his stay with the Premier League holders.

The former Aston Villa star, 32, is currently tied to a deal that expires in summer 2014 but is keen to remain a part of the first-team squad at the Etihad Stadium.

Barry has been a regular fixture in Roberto Mancini's starting XI over the past couple of seasons and has missed just six Premier League games in the 2012-13 campaign.

The England midfielder does, however, accept that he will be forced to take a pay cut to reduce the terms of his current £120,000-a-week deal, recognising that he would still struggle to receive an offer in that region from a divisional rival.

City plan to meet with Barry in May, having already held provisional discussions in January, for what they hope will be a conclusive round of contract talks.

Mancini's side face Wigan in the Premier League on Wednesday, with the Italian boss set to risk the wrath of the Latics' relegation-battling rivals as he prepares to rest key players, including influential skipper Vincent Kompany.

Goal.com

kenzie115 said:
Another in a long line of fantastic performances. Yaya had some brilliant moments yesterday but Barry was MotM for me.

I'm as big a fan of his as any but thought he faded in the last 30 mins tbh, was great up until then though. Glad to see it looks like he'll be extending his contract

Goal.com have a good city source as far as I can see so I hope this one is true as well.

Surprised he is on as much as 120k a week but even a 50% pay cut to 60k will be more than any other team would pay him and he certainly wouldn't be playing with the same quality of players or in the Champions League at those teams.

Berkovic_blue said:
kenzie115 said:
Another in a long line of fantastic performances. Yaya had some brilliant moments yesterday but Barry was MotM for me.

I'm as big a fan of his as any but thought he faded in the last 30 mins tbh, was great up until then though. Glad to see it looks like he'll be extending his contract

Like the other 9,through pure effort,he faded for sure,however,i'm pretty certain it was him in the opposition half fighting for the ball when the whistle went.

Great news all round.

allan harper said:
I doubt he's on 120k, I thought he'd be on about 80-90k a week.

As reported at the time.......

By Mark Ogden
6:53PM BST 02 Jun 2009
Comment
Barry, who will fly to Kazakhstan with the England squad on Wednesday prior to Saturday’s World Cup qualifier in Almaty, agreed a £92,000-a-week five-year deal to sign for City.

City Raider said:
9 times out of 10 when the opposition lose the ball, Barry is involved to some degree. He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone on here.

Well said!

I had him down for my POTY for most of the season and his last few performances have been superb. However, for all around grit, determination and overall performance and leadership, it HAS TO be Zaba.

Give me Joe Hart, Zaba, VK, Yaya, Silva, Barry and Sergio and you can pick the rest of the team and the bench from the first team squad and it STILL beats 18 of the other teams in the league regularly. AND, each of those players is the ABSOLUTE BEST in their position in the Premier League, although Suarez and RVP have had outstanding seasons THIS YEAR.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.