Gareth Barry

Worth more to keep as cover incase off an injury crisis, keep him this year then maybe the usa beckons to finish his career. ..

sh249 said:
menace said:
barry has been on the decline for the past two season's, sure he look's good against lesser premiership opponents but against top teams who have more position press high and play at a higher tempo he has been found wanting, one year left on his contract on the decline and on high wages i just don't see any positives in keeping him.

the difference in the team's play when yaya and fernandinho are playing together as opposed to one of them an barry , rodwell or garcia is just unbelievable the hold team seems to play a quicker more fluent attractive football, the latter three just seem to lack the speed, technique, composure and confidence of the first two. rodwell is still young and has been showing signs of improvement since hes arrived but barry is only going to get worse an garcia was a mistake if we sell them both we should get enough money to buy a new midfielder who better suits the system.

Disagree. Of course, Fernandinho and Yaya are, rightly, odds on to be first choice, and are the best footballers - some of the football we played last night in the second half was excellent. But Barry still has an important role to play. And to suggest he's only looked good against lesser opposition seems a bit daft - at the back end of last season he was arguably best player on the pitch at the swamp and in the semi against Chelsea. To be honest, I'm amazed that just a few months later, so many are convinced he's past it and should be shipped.
the games u are talking about are games where we dominated and were allowed more time and space on the ball at the swamp, we played five in midfield and bossed possession also in the league our reputation proceeds us an teams tend to play us on the back foot were as in cl reputation means nothing . barry is a decent player that's it nothing more nothing less he's a 32 soon to be 33 year old who's being paid on par or better than some of the best midfielders in the world fabregas, gundogan, pirlo and javi martinez to name a few .

i have nothing against him personally i would just much rather see us buy a better younger midfielder and give one of our youth's a chance than waste precious game time an experience on a player who clearly has no future at this club. there a reason barry is nowhere near the england side an despite everyone knowing he's available on the cheap there hasn't been any concrete offers.

Barry's been one of our best and most consistent players since he signed for us and although he didn't do a lot wrong last season, we definitely needed someone to come in and take his starting spot (take us to the next level). Now we've got a class midfielder in fernandinho he's not going to get as much playing time, but he'll still be a useful squad player against some of the lesser teams in the division.

Looks like he's past it now, he was awful against Bayern last night in my opinion.

Still think we're some way off completing our squad, i'd say we need 4 more players. A new Midfielder to replace Barry and Garcia, a "Navas" for the left wing, a new centre half and a new left back to replace Kolarov. There's even a shout for 2 new centre halves and replacing Lescott who won't cut it in Europe.

looks like he's in a rapid decline, which wouldn't be unusual for a player of his age with his absolute lack of pace and recovery speed. play in cups, vs weak prem sides at home, and otherwise bench/squad player for me.

was one of our best two years ago but not anymore.

I don't see why he can't stay this season and play himself into a 1 year rolling contract.If it does'nt work out for him he can go next summer on a free,for me he has earned it.He has rarely let us down the past few seasons.

Barry looks like he doesn't want to at the club anymore. A lot of last season he looked poor. His best moment last season was arguing with Rio at the sty last season. Also contributed in getting Pablo sent off in cup final. Time to go Gareth Barry.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.