Gareth Barry

I daren't say anything negative about Barry, anytime i have on here i've been accused of
knowing nothing about football.
He's like the oil in your car engine apparently ,
you don''t miss him until he's not there.
Utter bollocks really but what do i know?

BlueMo' said:
I daren't say anything negative about Barry, anytime i have on here i've been accused of
knowing nothing about football.
He's like the oil in your car engine apparently ,
you don''t miss him until he's not there.
Utter bollocks really but what do i know?

I think a lot of what your saying has to do with how important Barry was for us at times in the past few seasons, but ever since Fernandinho has come in and from what we have seen this pre season, it's quite evident Barry doesn't looks good enough anymore and many including me are starting to ask questions about him.

I was all for him staying, but after what I have seen from him this Summer I would consider selling and getting in a younger replacement.

The worrying thing for me is that in the CL, if one or both Yaya or Fernandinho are not available, the drop in quality in my opinion is quite big.

Barry is not good enough for European football and I am not wanting to put complete faith in Rodders until he puts in a consecutive set of decent performances in.

Yes Barry has been a fantastic player for us. Gaz has never had much pace and I don't think he got slower last season. As others have said though, age catches up with us all and I think one last season for us will be ideal timing for Barry to move on.

The Bayern first half perfectly displayed his limitations,their midfield were running rings round him.

He has served us superbly but while we can still get a fee,now is the time to sell.

GB is a bit of a plodder these days and if we are gonna step up our points tally from last season we need to sell him on and show belief in the new signings and give Rodwell a run.

Pellegrini's comments at the presser were very interesting.

Interviewer asks about Scott Sinclair, Pellegrini says: "Scott Sinclair is not here with the squad. Scott is in Manchester. Denis Suarez, Gareth Barry and Scott Sinclair are in Manchester."

Interviewer asked specifically about the three of them (not just Sinclair) and if they will be with City at the start of the season. Pellegrini replied: "We’ll see next week."

Barry has been linked with Napoli but I'm not sure he'd want to go abroad with his young family.

LoveCity said:

Interviewer asks about Scott Sinclair, Pellegrini says: "Scott Sinclair is not here with the squad. Scott is in Manchester. Denis Suarez, Gareth Barry and Scott Sinclair are in Manchester."

Interviewer asked specifically about the three of them (not just Sinclair) and if they will be with City at the start of the season. Pellegrini replied: "We’ll see next week."

Barry has been linked with Napoli but I'm not sure he'd want to go abroad with his young family.

I spoke to him last night and he wants to stay, looking at his face i'd say he will not get his wish.

If we can get any kind of fee now then we would be daft not to take it or a club willing to take his wages.

We aren't going to offer him a new contract so at the end of this season we will have just spent millions in wages on someone who is fourth/fifth choice?

I think he is a top pro and a player, was the first player I ever got printed on my shirt when he signed and he has done nothing but put in a shift for us every game so it will be sad to see him go but got to think realistically here and would rather see him playing elsewhere then sat on the bench/in the stands for this season.

Shame if GazBaz goes. Liverpool wanted him and he chose us. This was probably one of the first times that a player, England regular at the time, had chosen City over one of the so called big four. He served us well, won the FA Cup and Premier League as well as untold wealth. I think he will end up moving on but will always be regarded as a top pro and will get the respect he deserves when he returns to the Etihad. From a personal perspective i'd like him as cover for a year and then off to New York City before returning as a youth team coach in the future. Good luck Gaz.

de niro said:
LoveCity said:

I spoke to him last night and he wants to stay, looking at his face i'd say he will not get his wish.

Heard a few weeks ago from someone reliable that Txiki has been trying to nudge him out. It's sad to see but 1 year left on his contract, monster wages for a player of his age/status, and approaching his 33rd birthday... you can sort of understand why the club wants rid now, especially with Rodwell looking quite special late last season plus Fernandinho arriving.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.