Gareth Southgate

Cant help thinking he wants to be Pep.Imagine if that fat fucker was still in charge, thank God he got sacked.

As a younger manager Southgate probably though it would be a good idea to pick the brains of someone who's at the top of the game.
Big Sam probably thinks maybe he doesn't know it all, but he knows most.

He is employing a far more ambitious set up and clearly sets the team to play to the players' strengths. Much improved on previous incarnations - England players who are not frightened to death if someone passes to them. And, of course, we have a bit of sky blue class. If only Raheem could hit the back of the net. I think if he sees Courtois or Lloris in goal it might jog his memory!

He is employing a far more ambitious set up and clearly sets the team to play to the players' strengths. Much improved on previous incarnations - England players who are not frightened to death if someone passes to them. And, of course, we have a bit of sky blue class. If only Raheem could hit the back of the net. I think if he sees Courtois or Lloris in goal it might jog his memory!

haha.

Cant help thinking he wants to be Pep.Imagine if that fat fucker was still in charge, thank God he got sacked.

I think he’s just been watching how us, Spurs, Liverpool play etc. and has tried to play out from the back in a way the players know.

He’s brought the whole country together. If we manage to get past Croatia on Wednesday, throughout the whole of England next Sunday will just be one big party. That’s all down to Southgate. Breath of fresh air. Love his new song too, I’ve been singing it all day.

Excellent Manager who has got this squad performing close to their maximum. Has instilled a fantastic spirit and great work ethic in the squad and I have been very impressed with him.

The way has handled the media attacks on Sterling alone show he is a decent human being as well.

Fair play to Southgate. So much more than the butt of a dozen crappy jokes about an under-par golden generation. He has his head firmly screwed on in football. He looked average as a manager at Middlesbrough and dropped into the ranks of England. Unlike many who do that, he didn't drift off or head to Spain, or punditry too often. His spell as temporary gaffer wasn't groundbreaking (the games weren't huge tests, except Spain where a 2-0 lead was chucked away). But, the FA appointed him and for once they gambled on fresh blood with all the qualities of a modest manager and someone who keeps the game simple. He has benefitted from the role of FA's head of elite development. He seems to know the future youth players well and his squad selection seemed geared to building for Euro 2020 and the 2022 World Cup. Best thing out of Watford since Philip Glenister (or Ginger Spice?).

Remember that game versus Boro we played on our away kit at home. Southgate had his bonce wrapped up and played a blinder. We drew. They went to Europe. That's the kind of spirit England need, and not that of Rooney or Beckham with their egos and sponsorship deals following them. Look at Messi, he has more minutes advertising per year and it never paid off. Same for Ronaldo. Graft and the kind of grinding football that Leicester City did, with flare, that's the future in cups. And, City can learn from this England spirit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.